>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 16-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #16
Ichiban

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: top News Bar plug The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Nice, she looks sexier on that pose, way more active now. it used to be like an static mole
Ichiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #17
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Wow, this is coming along nicely. I absolutely love the concept. Keep it going!!
Old 16-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #18
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Only thing is She doesn't look like a demon. He/It does, but she looks human, there isn't anything about here that says Demonic Royal or power. The whole thing comes off more like an Invoker that summons a large demonic shell or protector that envelops her inside of it but she can freely move through, or to me it looks that way at least.

She needs more to show her demonic side too. The sexy fire holding babe coming out of his pants doesn't say that clearly.

But I like the progress.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #19
Ichiban

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: top News Bar plug The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Humans are the scariest demons ever.
Old 17-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #20
Jensen
Mike Jensen

Send a message via AIM to Jensen Send a message via MSN to Jensen
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
Nice, she looks sexier on that pose, way more active now. it used to be like an static mole
Thanks glad you like it better! I agree before she was very immobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_6274 View Post
Wow, this is coming along nicely. I absolutely love the concept. Keep it going!!
Thanks for the motivation! It helps soooooo much!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhin View Post
Only thing is She doesn't look like a demon. He/It does, but she looks human, there isn't anything about here that says Demonic Royal or power. The whole thing comes off more like an Invoker that summons a large demonic shell or protector that envelops her inside of it but she can freely move through, or to me it looks that way at least.

She needs more to show her demonic side too. The sexy fire holding babe coming out of his pants doesn't say that clearly.

But I like the progress.
Yeah I can see where you're coming from. I would like to definitely keep her more human looking than demon looking,to contrast the two characters. I did add some armor integrated into her skin (update below) so maybe that's a good compromise? Let me know if you have any ideas on how to make her look more demon looking, while not pulling it too far. Thanks for the useful crit!

Quote:
Humans are the scariest demons ever.
Very true - especially in movies

Update:

Ok, I updated the sketch a bit. I changed how she is exposed a bit, and added pincers to cover up her nipples (and to make her pose look more natural). I think it's more tasteful, like almond rocha Ah, I can't think anymore about what I changed, but there might be one more thing I need to go take a soak in the hot tub. I'll work a bit more on this later!

Good luck all!!!!

Image:
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 01:14 AM   #21
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Hey I think that adds a lot. I was just thinking of adding the stock set of rams horns, but I like where you are heading.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 01:24 AM   #22
Ichiban

Awards Showcase
Her shoulders and chest look awesome with those new spikes. The two creatures blend better together now. I think it's coming along
Old 17-03-2009, 01:35 AM   #23
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Looks much better. The two are quickly becoming one. The only thing I'm not quite sure on are the feet. I know a lot of people do feet like that, but it's never been a favorite design aspect of mine.
Old 17-03-2009, 02:19 AM   #24
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Very cool. Strong concept to start off, gives you an awesome position to begin with. I think you should really play up the fire element across your character, will help really sell the character in the center.

I have to agree with SR_6274 though. I've seen a lot of amazing concepts last year that I kinda thought were ruined by that look. It was kinda funny too, because the image would start loading from the top and you'd think "Wow, this one is pretty amazing" and then by the time the image has fully loaded it looks like the artist just gave up on the concept.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 02:23 AM   #25
Peter_Kasim

Very nice concept Jensen, although I agree the fire looks a little out of place at the moment. Probably should have other areas of his body emitting flames to tie it all together.

Great looking demon though, I look forward to seeing this progress

Good luck during the next eight weeks!
Peter_Kasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #26
Jensen
Mike Jensen

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhin View Post
Hey I think that adds a lot. I was just thinking of adding the stock set of rams horns, but I like where you are heading.
Haha glad you like it. I wanted to stay away from regular horns as much as possible

Quote:
Her shoulders and chest look awesome with those new spikes. The two creatures blend better together now. I think it's coming along
Thanks Ichiban!! I tried to integrate them with the fire more. Hope it works 0.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_6274 View Post
Looks much better. The two are quickly becoming one. The only thing I'm not quite sure on are the feet. I know a lot of people do feet like that, but it's never been a favorite design aspect of mine.
hey SR! Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I really should change the design. Just for clarification, you mean the feet right (or lack thereof) and not the centaur-style legs? Just wanted to make sure Thanks for the crit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckducker View Post
Very cool. Strong concept to start off, gives you an awesome position to begin with. I think you should really play up the fire element across your character, will help really sell the character in the center.

I have to agree with SR_6274 though. I've seen a lot of amazing concepts last year that I kinda thought were ruined by that look. It was kinda funny too, because the image would start loading from the top and you'd think "Wow, this one is pretty amazing" and then by the time the image has fully loaded it looks like the artist just gave up on the concept.
Hey Puckducker! I agree the fire was definitely on its own. I did a bit more merging, so hopefully it all works a bit more together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Kasim View Post
Very nice concept Jensen, although I agree the fire looks a little out of place at the moment. Probably should have other areas of his body emitting flames to tie it all together.

Great looking demon though, I look forward to seeing this progress

Good luck during the next eight weeks!
Thanks for the crit! Gotta add more flames!

Update:

Ok, so as the suggestions... suggested, I needed to integrate the flames in more. I decided to pop her body spikes a bit more by adding the fire/lava between her and the spikes. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm so tired -__-. Now I have to get going on making those legs not so generic

Anyways, here's the image:

Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #27
Ichiban

Awards Showcase
Good stuff !!
Old 17-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #28
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
whoooo!! I like this concept! very good stuff!!
Old 17-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #29
Jensen
Mike Jensen

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Good stuff !!
Thanks! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_solo View Post
whoooo!! I like this concept! very good stuff!!
Thanks for the nice words! they mean a lot!

Update:

Ok So I'm going for a bit of a different look for the demon-lord. I did the head first to direct the rest of the body, so hopefully this will work better. I haven't gotten around to the legs or the rest of the body yet, but I'm definitely going there

Old 17-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #30
Ichiban

Awards Showcase
Keeps getting better and better, good job