>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Sculpting - "Creature of Legend"

Old 04-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #31
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
Total Awards: 1
Awesome, thanx FREESPACE, Worked like a charm, now have to see what I am going to sculpt
Old 04-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #32
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
wow verry cool challenge and prices, awesome. I'm game!

Here is my idea. "Visara, the Dreadful" an "magic the gathering", black legendary creature. One of my favorite creature
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #33
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 17
Is there any mesh/subtool limit?
mastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #34
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastein View Post
Is there any mesh/subtool limit?
Nope. Free range. As far as i can tell the only real guidelines are it has to be a "creature of legend" and you have 10hrs.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #35
mastein

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
hmmm and do you know if we have to create a legend and a creature? or we can get a existing legend?
Old 04-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #36
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastein View Post
hmmm and do you know if we have to create a legend and a creature? or we can get a existing legend?
I believe we can't make up the legend. If I am reading the brief correctly that is, but I could be wrong on this point. I would wait for FreeSpace to let you know about that.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #37
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Freespace - we can change the creature to fit out tastes correct? Say, a cybernetic cyclops? I don't want to do that, but I do want to change the creature to be a bit different than it is actually written to be.

I would like to do the chimera but I want to change it from a snake, lioness, and goat. I want to throw a bit of dragon in there as well.

You're not a style or design Nazi so I figure this is okay but we should always ask the art director before going to far forward I suppose.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #38
mastein

Awards Showcase
thx goast!
lets wait freespace answer
Old 04-11-2009, 09:16 PM   #39
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
mastein: No limit on meshes this time. You can use over 9000 of 'em.

goast: Hahah, style Nazi. Sure you can have design freedom with your chimera, but I wouldn't encourage sci-fi twists in there ( since you mentioned that hypothetical cyberclops; I know what you want to do, but I'm just throwing this idea for everyone - this is a fantasty theme ). It's about legends and myth.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #40
Shuggie

Cool subject, I've decided to sculpt a Yeti, here is my concept sketch, should be fun

Shuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:46 AM   #41
Victor22

Send a message via MSN to Victor22 Send a message via Yahoo to Victor22
Ow man its really a goooooooooooood theme

I wait have time to join in it
Victor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #42
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Hey Guys, I really want to do this contest and the low poly contest. Since the low poly needs more time, I will concentrate on that one first then jump back on this one since it's only 10 hours long.

My creature will be Grendel. I will post concepts once I have it. Thanks!

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #43
julienN

i love this challenge, i'll try it, i appreciate the vide.o it's a good thing if there's a time limit with a so big prise.
i hesitate on the creature i'm going to sculpt...
i'll make my choice tonight...
Old 05-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #44
Victor22

Send a message via MSN to Victor22 Send a message via Yahoo to Victor22
Well people the list is really very very good and is really hard to chose

I`m Thinking make an Ent (A Humanoid walking Tree) From Norse,Germanic and Celtic mythology or a Triton(Son of Poseidon Half Human, Half Sea creature) from Greek mytology, well so hard to choose

This Challenge Rocks

Cheers to All

Last edited by Victor22; 05-11-2009 at 09:57 PM..
Victor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #45
mastein

Awards Showcase
I think im on it!!
and my choice is..........................