>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Speed Painting - "Hero Attacks"

Old 07-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
Beff

Smile Beff - Hero - No name yet

Hi Im new here, Ive been registered on the forum for a while but havent posted anything because I have alot of finished digital paintings that I like but the next day I hate them. But I saw this comp and Ive decided to enter.

Ive just done a quick sketch of my hero's head, I know my drawings rubbish but I havent learnt many drawing techniques as Im still a teenager But normally when I properly start concentrating on the details of my art it looks alot better than the sketch.

Ive been staring at my sketch for ages because somethings not right or missing, but I still can't think of what so ideas please

Ok heres the picture
Attached Images

Beff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
omegamista

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'Revenge' 
Total Awards: 2
Welcome to the forums,
Just keep involved & i'm sure we can help you out with ur drawings. As for things missing, your character could use a forehead and body.
omegamista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:16 AM   #3
animationutz
Animation is life!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
welcome to the forum! Im sure we'll try to steer you in the right track to help you become a better artist. As for the pic, is it supposed to be male or female? and maybe before finalizing how you specifically want the character right now you try to decide the most dynamic pose you would like to put the in and start working on how that will look and the rest should hopefully kinda come
"You dont' do it for money, or you're a monkey. You don't think of the bottom line, or you're a monkey. You don't think of it in terms of hourly wage, yearly wage, even lifetime wage, or you're a monkey. In the end you don't even do it for love, although it would be nice to think so. You do it because to not do it is suicide."
-Stephen King
animationutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
We were all stater at one point, just practice and make sure you finish, that what really counts my friend. also just a little pointer this don't have to be all digital so if I'm correct you can go traditional as long as you can scan it in and meet the size and res Size rules. It sound more like a fairy tale character will she have wings. I like the cat eye idea.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
zanman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges #100: Hybrid Fusion Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Placed 3rd in the  
Total Awards: 5
Hey there Beff, this should help you out with the proportions of the face. It's not a rule or anything but once you learn the basics you can always adjust the proportions the way you see fit. This diagram shows the "eye line" half way down the face. Good luck
Attached Images

zanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 04:22 AM   #6
animationutz
Animation is life!

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
just keep working at it and youll get it
"You dont' do it for money, or you're a monkey. You don't think of the bottom line, or you're a monkey. You don't think of it in terms of hourly wage, yearly wage, even lifetime wage, or you're a monkey. In the end you don't even do it for love, although it would be nice to think so. You do it because to not do it is suicide."
-Stephen King
animationutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #7
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
http://www.learn-to-draw.com/
http://www.dragoart.com/
http://www.howtodrawit.com/octopus.html

google for more kiddy stuff , ull get there dnt worry .

i would suggest u gesture first .

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote