>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > 3DTotal Products > 3DTotal Training DVD

Old 12-04-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
Valtiel

Send a message via MSN to Valtiel
Environment Lighting

Hi there. This is about a downloadable pdf tutorial rather than a DVD but I wasn't sure where else to post it. I downloaded the Environment lighting for 3DS Max tutorial, the one with the boat interior, awhile ago and have been going through it today, noticing a few file discrepancies with the source files. Nothing really fatal, I can get around most of these by reusing start files from the other chapters but I thought I'd bring them to your attention.

1: The first chapter's start file does not open at all in max 9 or 2008
2: The start file for the 4th and 6th chapters are actually completed, not a barebones scene.
3: The skies enviro map, although it doesn't seem to be in use, is missing
4: The wrong file name is referenced by every file for the wall panelling specular map.

Cheers,
Riley
Valtiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Warin-3DT
Scientist who falls in love with art

Send a message via MSN to Warin-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words 
Total Awards: 2
Hi Valtiel,

Very good of you to inform us this to us. We need posts like this.

Normally if there are some errors/broken links/or problems about our products please feel free to email our customer service girl jo@3dtotal.com as she will help you out as soon as possible.

I'm emailing this port to our artist who will look at those errors mentioned. Do you want us to send you new link to compensate this one or not?

Thanks again for informing us this,
Warin
Old 07-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
Jo-3DT
Proofer Extraordinaire

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Hi Valtiel

Thanks for your post - we're currently contacting the artist who made the tutorial about this, so hopefully we can resolve the issues that you raised.

Kind regards

Forum Features
Start your own portfolio here
Request your awards here
Jo-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
Rich-3DT
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Hello Valtiel,
Thanks for letting us know about these issues first of all.
I have looked into the problems you outlined and am somewhat puzzled as to why they are happening.
I am not sure why the file will not open in max 9 / 2008 as it opens fine in 2009 and I think the scene was created in max 8..There is also a subfolder for Max 7 users along with a 3ds scene which appear to open fine if you have this version of Max.
I was aware of the spec map being named incorrectly but I believe this was fixed and when downloading the files from the ebook appears in order so again I am not sure why you are having this problem.
Did you purchase the ebook recently as the spec map and max 7 files were added after the product was released and I am wondering if this is the reason ?
Rich-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:47 AM   #5
sryshirsht

wonderful! thanks for the info..
sryshirsht is offline   Reply With Quote