>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 20-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
Beriadan
Hwo told god how to model

The demon prince Gord - 3D

Ok! I'm the last man in the forum and problebley in the world hwo understanded for this competition so I'm going to work as fast as I can. This is my idea consept=> Hope you like it, I'm aways glad to hear someon else's upinion so just tell me what you think. And there is the prob- I'm going to model it but I have huge problemes with texturing, so any type of help is neaded. PLS if you can help me in some way with texturing please do!
Attached Images

Beriadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Looks good. I would like to see more of the serpent aspect that you have in the staff in the rest of him. Great start and looking forward to more.
Old 20-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
Beriadan

Quck review off the progress Maybe tonight I'll start with modeling.... I wish to go with the 2D ass well... I have a nice idea So I realy hope I'll have the time for bouth
Attached Images

Old 21-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
Beriadan

well.. I might give him a huge snake tale.... But I'll have to loose the wings. Ok I'll thimk of somthin. 10x for the addvice
Old 23-03-2009, 09:40 AM   #5
Beriadan

So I have been working for the past few days, and I think that this character is two .. simple. So I'm thinking to make somthing new, scarier and darker - abomnination! I have made few sketches and I'm working on few thiffren ideas. I'll post them this night so you can tell me what do you think. But I think I have came up with a decision.
Old 23-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
Beriadan

I have made few skeches last days, and as you can see on diffrent topics.. And I've started working on a model. The model is cold DoomBurrow. Hi is a special unit from the demon hord. I've came up with a full idea for this creature. It is leeving mostley underground. Breathing not air, but methane. The hole idea is that the methane is a natural gas and it is produced by dead animals for instance. So the burrow eats animals, humans, alians, and preserves them in it's stomach squirts acid on them so the chemical reaction can begin faster and breaths the methan directly from insaid, and uffcors eat from this stuff from time to time. When you see it in combat you are going to find out it has plenty of skills. Strong, with deadly stench ;] has the ability to spit on you acid and the grand surprise is the very special skill cold destoscream. If you are wondering about that it is actualy somthin the creature has developed underground in order to destroy rocks and stones. It can scream so loud it can brake rocks, but it can destroy processors and stop heart beatings with it as well. The sound reminds like a pig that screams when it mets a butcher ;]
Attached Images

Old 23-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
Beriadan

few more
Attached Images

Old 23-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #8
Beriadan

a lot of work yet to be done... If you have ideas plese do tell
Old 23-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #9
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Personally I like the wasp girl more. That is some real scary sh*t. But I'm a bit biased towards more human like figures.
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #10
Beriadan

well I'm a bit uffraid to use sexual content coz of the rools... but I might think of armor of some sort... I'll wait for some other upinions as well, and if other people prefer the girl I'll make her :]
this insect is a part of my idea for the doom burrow

Last edited by Beriadan; 23-03-2009 at 07:34 PM..
Old 23-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #11
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
I'm sure if you play around with the concept some more you could make it tamer. Something like this, but obviously your own interpretation:
Not my concept, just found this image on Google.

Not trying to push you into a certain direction, but I think it could make an interesting model.
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
Beriadan

I see your point. and actualy I'm modeling a female body righy now. I'll play with this consept tonight and see how it goes. Tomorow I'll make my final decision for this project...
10x a lot for the help
Old 23-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #13
Beriadan

And the last idea... I might be going insain... Someone should help me choose coz the ideas are just comming and the solutions arent...
Attached Images

Old 23-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #14
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
I really like the woman idea, but you would have to do something with the armor to keep it safe for the kiddies eyes
Old 24-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #15
Beriadan

Ok I'm going for the wasp girl. I have figured out one armor that is going to look nice. I have allmost finished the head and the body. I have huge problems with the but, I just can't make the mesh correct but I'll ceep working till I sucseed. I'm going to post few screen shots representing the progress and after 5 hours or so when I go home I'll draw the armor and I'm going to post it as well.. Till the end of the week I might have the model ready, and the next week is going to be for texturing and riging...
Attached Images