>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 06-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #16
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
Can we submit a different version of ourselves despite how we currently look i.e. shaved beard or a different haircut?
Sure, why not - just make sure your facial features/expression are sculpted well so we can see that it's you from the photo you provide

Follow us! Facebook.com/3DTotal
Tweet us! Twitter.com/3dtotal
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #17
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
great idea... i am ugly but... muhahahah to look at my profile picture!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #18
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
so ... anyone gonna start us off with their WIPs? don't be shy

Old 06-04-2009, 03:45 PM   #19
mafida
nic mi sie nie chce:p

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge 15 The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''demonic overseer'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #2 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAO5 View Post
great idea... i am ugly but... muhahahah to look at my profile picture!
Well look at my avatar -it's my younger brother photo little photoshoped for better look...My brother is the good looking one in family
mafida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:56 PM   #20
hardtack

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' 
Total Awards: 2
ok here i am. i actually finished this a couple days ago but the attachments were down so i had to wait to post.
Attached Images

hardtack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #21
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
hardtack, that's a pretty cool starter! Your mouth is a bit lower than in your reference pic, but it's pretty much you. The nose is spot on.

So yeah, the new time limit is 6 hours. This should give everyone enough time to capture their visage.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #22
hardtack

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' 
Total Awards: 2
i kept thinking that about the mouth while i was sculpting, but i think its actually that the chin isnt long enough. i have a long face. haha
hardtack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #23
mafida

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge 15 The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''demonic overseer'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #2 - 3rd Place 
hardtack-i think you look moore masculine on photo,stronger chin,harder facial features
Im started one too,only problem for now-sculpt looks completly diferent than me
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #24
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafida View Post
hardtack-i think you look moore masculine on photo,stronger chin,harder facial features
Im started one too,only problem for now-sculpt looks completly diferent than me
That's part of the challenge, hehe. It's quite tricky to sculpt someone in particular, but you guys already know that from the previous challenge.

Don't forget to show a photo when you submit your final work, or for WIP if you want some constructive crits.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #25
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
these are great! it's really hard doing self portraits. i remember trying to do a pencil one once when i was studying - you know, trying to be as realistic as possible. and it's hard because you kind of want to change what you see - you know, you sort of subconsciously make it to what you think you look like, even though you can see the reference (be it photo, reflection) says something else. it's a hard task!! the best way I found of doing it was to grid up a photo (you could do that in PS, i imagine), so that you can actually see where the features fall and not just where you think they do (or want them to, ha ha). good luck guys - it's a tricky one for sure, but really great practice for your sculpting - as well as for training your eye - so keep up the great work!!

Old 07-04-2009, 04:54 AM   #26
gumby666

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
Self Portrait

I actually might finally find the time to have a go at one of these challenges!! I really wanted to do the last one but work was just toooo busy!!

Can we sculpt ourselves when we were younger?
It'd still be a self portrait but not of present hagardness.

I'm not really interested in sculpting myself as I am now. I have to survive looking at that in the mirror everyday as it is.

If I can't I understand and it's totally cool but I'll probably give this challenge a miss.

Hardtack I agree that your chin could be a bit longer but it's looking great!
gumby666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:53 AM   #27
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby666 View Post
I actually might finally find the time to have a go at one of these challenges!! I really wanted to do the last one but work was just toooo busy!!

Can we sculpt ourselves when we were younger?
It'd still be a self portrait but not of present hagardness.

I'm not really interested in sculpting myself as I am now. I have to survive looking at that in the mirror everyday as it is.

If I can't I understand and it's totally cool but I'll probably give this challenge a miss.

Hardtack I agree that your chin could be a bit longer but it's looking great!
Allright, it's still you and that's important. As long as no one comes along and sculpts a version of themselves when they were in diapers.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #28
Joseph Pomeisl

Send a message via MSN to Joseph Pomeisl
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: Created a model SDK and is sharing it with the forum, for free. Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
one ugly mug

When I see my face I wanna disappear
but everywhere I go I'm always there.
Attached Images

Joseph Pomeisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #29
gumby666

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
First Attempt

Here's my first attempt. An my first challenge post (and ZBrush Sculpt) for a very long time!
Decided against doing a younger version of me 'cos I realised I don't have any photos and I just wanted to get into the sculpting.
Only 1.5hrs in and still needs soooo much work. Very hard topic for me!!
All crits are welcome! The nose needs attention as the bridge is too thin but there's plenty else wrong with it.
Still having fun doing it though!!
Attached Images

gumby666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #30
mafida

Awards Showcase
Joseph Pomeisl-nice sculpt,but if you think you are ugly -look at me
gumby666-good work,you're right about the nose
And here is my second try and my pretty person::
Attached Images

Tags
3dtotal, challenge, sculpt, self portrait, speed, threedy