>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Sculpting - "Creature of Legend"

Old 05-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #46
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
i'm in if ill have time angain. .
my choinse is monotaur. inspired by picture witch brought me from autocad to 3d's max and zbrush. allways wanted to do this creature.
if i'm not mistaking its from this forums contest. and there was a making of of it.
Attached Images

Last edited by paulius-st; 05-11-2009 at 08:55 PM..
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:06 AM   #47
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
so heres 3,5 hours of making base mesh and sculpting(a little slow start ). and one pic not for the competition. jus curious how it should look after a basic render plus few ajustments in cs.
Attached Images

paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #48
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
The horns could do with a more rigid look, I think. Good reference choice, Paulius.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #49
Teyon
Incredi-Boy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
For my first swing at this, I'm going to go for an Aigamuxa. Here's a quickie reference/concept sketch I did - sorry for the poor quality. I'll start my base mesh/sculpting this weekend.

Last edited by Teyon; 07-11-2009 at 12:10 AM..
Teyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #50
oktow

i choose kappa from jappanese creature.. 15 minute for zsphere tonight start for sculpt.. still busy now CnC are most welcome..

oktow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #51
Teyon
Incredi-Boy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Started my base mesh.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #52
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
oktow - nice base.

teyon - nice base as well.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #53
oktow

teyon>>nice basemesh bro..
1 hour rough sculpt and ohh i have a problem on some area i will retopology for nice and comfortable base mesh.. ohh i hope can finish on time
C and C are most welcome

oktow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #54
Teyon
Incredi-Boy

Awards Showcase
Thanks. I just picked up Dragon Age: Origins and have slowed down a bit. I also realized I missed some modeling bits while recording the base mesh creation. Oh well. It's been about an hour and a half into it so far (lots of back tracking).

Oktow, it looks like you're in a good spot to retopo and I like where you're headed. I would have had the posture leaning forward instead of pushing the pelvis out but that's a personal taste thing.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #55
berendey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge ''Army of One'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner in Speed Modeling -Devil's Chariot 
Total Awards: 4
final sculpt. almost 10 hours. there is time only to make a pose
Attached Images

berendey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #56
lampshadehead
<B>BOLD</B>

Awards Showcase
Teyon: I've really impressed with your basemesh so far.

berendey: Nice boobs! Seriously, the whole thing is great. I think you did a really good job on that one. Only crits is that the tail fins and the tail just intersect, they don't seem to flow together. Just a minor thing really.
lampshadehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:25 PM   #57
adio38

Teyon nice base mesh, how long did that take you to do?
adio38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #58
decosouza
Character modeler

Send a message via MSN to decosouza
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Another great competition... I'm in!

I chose Glauco.

Glauco was a sea deity whose origins differ in different sources. His best known story is that told by Ovid.

According to this version, Glaucus was a mortal fisherman. Accidentally discovering a magical herb which could bring the fish they caught back to life, decided to try it yourself. After eating the grass, Glaucus became immortal, but also has fins and tail of fish, which force them to live the rest of their lives in water. Although dissatisfied with this side effect, Glauco was received by Oceanus and Tethys with the honors of the deities, of whom learned the art of prophecy.

Last edited by decosouza; 08-11-2009 at 08:33 PM..
decosouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #59
Teyon
Incredi-Boy

Awards Showcase
Thanks all for the kindness. Total base build time is just inside two hours. Working from a quick turn around I did helped a ton. Leaves me with 8 hours of sculpting time. Yippee. Decosouza that looks like it's going very well. Looking forward to the final sculpt. So, I didn't do much of anything this weekend but I figure I'll work on it some tonight.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #60
Teyon
Incredi-Boy

Awards Showcase
Realized about 20 minutes in that I hadn't hit the record button. This is about 20 minutes into the sculpt. I am recording the rest of the way using ZBrush's timelapse feature.
Attached Images