>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > CG Chat

Old 22-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #1
Madskillz

Looking for Good school to study CG abroad.

Hello everyone... My name is Henry and I'm a 19 yr old student.

I've always dreamt of going into 3D art and game development ever since I watched my first cartoon,but in my country (Nigeria) there is little or no quality education center of any kind where advanced CG is tought, which has really been a problem for me,so am looking for any quality school in the U.S or Canada or any where at all where I can learn CG fully..

So please if anyone can trow me some info on where i can do this..and prices and requirements..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Madskillz; 23-02-2014 at 08:29 AM..
Madskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
Madskillz

No help?
Old 24-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
Nukie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Well you can check here http://academy.cg-masters.com
I have no experience with studying in the US or Canada (i'm from the Netherlands myself) but I think this school is quite known. I'm sure there are others though.
Old 25-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #4
Madskillz

Thank you sir.

Any CG school in your country?
Old 25-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #5
Robbert543
Mental Raytard

Send a message via MSN to Robbert543
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 
Total Awards: 3
In The Netherlands we have quite some schools where you can learn to use your 3D skills in games or animation..

However, most schools require you to have some skills already.

Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam (www.glr.nl)
Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht (www.hku.nl)
NHTV Breda (www.nhtv.nl)

in the US I believe DeVry University still does some animation..
Old 25-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #6
Madskillz

I see...and do you have any idea of the price range of fees?
Old 26-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #7
Nukie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
On the website of CG-Masters, you van find an indication of the costs: http://academy.cg-masters.com/living...ffects-school/

Here in the Netherlands, you pay around €1500,- collage fee, above your monthly living costs, which will be around €1000,- each month.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #8
Madskillz

I see....
Lastly, how "welcoming" is the institute and the country in general to foreigners, especially Africans...

Don't mean to sound too raw but,is there any form of racial discrimination in the school/country?
Old 03-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #9
Nukie

Awards Showcase
Well I can't speak for Canada off course because I just don't know.
Here in the Netherlands discrimination is somewhat forbidden by some laws, but that doesn't mean is doesn't happen, unfortunately. Some folks will discriminate you because you are a black person. But that is not different then in other countries (even in black countries white people are discriminated).

That said, most of the Dutch people simply do not care where you come from and will treat you equal. Same goes for schools. If you apply for a school and you show drive and motivation I think everything will be alright.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #10
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
everything you say above about the netherlands is surely true and amsterdam has to be one of the most diverse cities on earth but on the other hand... the little guy who pops out at christmas might raise a few eyebrows in london

There are some excellent dutch schools - also belgium has a couple. The uk has one or two as well. Herts is producing some of the best graduates in the country at the moment and is well worth looking at (if you can get in that is..)

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #11
lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madskillz View Post
I see....
Lastly, how "welcoming" is the institute and the country in general to foreigners, especially Africans...

Don't mean to sound too raw but,is there any form of racial discrimination in the school/country?
Hi Madskillz, Canada and CG Masters are both welcoming to anyone from anywhere, provided they don't mind working hard to achieve their training goals. Discrimination is not only illegal but seriously frowned upon. If you would like any direct information you can contact our school directly at info@cg-masters.com or you can email me directly at Nick@cg-masters.com.

Sincerely

Nicholas Boughen
Senior Trainer / VFX Supervisor
CG Masters School of
3D Animation & VFX
lor is offline   Reply With Quote