>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 07-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #46
Buzzy
Quadcore

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DomWar4 work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: 'Bronze Age Barbarian' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Starlet thread was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge 
Total Awards: 11
Damn, thats a big spider.
Wicked fangs....great job so far.
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #47
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
I'd run away screaming if I saw one of them.

Very cool, now I want my mommy.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #48
damageINC

Send a message via MSN to damageINC
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
@Buzzy: Thanks....I like em big!

@dhin: Thanks......as long as you're threedy and made of metal everything is good. Hahaha.....

BTW: If a mod could change the title of the thread to name Kharon (M6) I would appreciate it. I tried changing the name of a post, but the thread list isn't reflecting this. Thanks.
damageINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #49
damageINC

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Thanks for the title change. : )

I'm so slow man......but I've had a good few days of modeling and family so can't complain. I'm just worried about how long it's going to take to get my normal maps baked out......if they work good I should be fine, if not I think I'm screwed. : /

Anyway, here's another small step forward, added a tiny bit of detail to the head and finally got around to finishing the kneepads. Think I might actually write my backstory bit tomorrow night. Peace.

Last edited by damageINC; 08-04-2009 at 09:36 AM..
Old 08-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #50
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
the head looks too organic compared to the legs. from far away there is no indication of the cool headpiece details u have going there.
great legs and fangs btw.
ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #51
damageINC

Awards Showcase
@ryvick: Yeah I see your point on both counts. I guess I could add a few spikes and rivets to try and make the head less organic. But I wanted to keep the look of a wolf spider. Perhaps a little more armor on the legs to organify them? I dunno.

I knew even as I was completing the head detail that you'd never see most of it unless close up. But from certain angles it's visible though not clearly and in that case more stuff was better than less. I'll see if I can enlarge the details a little.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #52
function

That's looking really cool, especially the legs. Hmm. The thingy underneath it that makes it look like it's curving into a "C" shape almost makes it seem like something is missing from the back. But maybe it's too early.
Old 16-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #53
damageINC

Awards Showcase
@function: Yeah that C shape is intended. His abdomen is supposed to be curved around as a grinder that he throws anything biologic into (living or dead).

I've been working a lot on the abdomen this past week. I'm getting really close, but I keep trying to push the details.....and I'm really behind. Don't think I'm going to finish this in time, but I'll keep posting until the end. I'm debating whether or not the head adds anything to the silhouette and am debating going back to an earlier design that I never posted that basically removes the spider head. Dunno how that's going to go. Anyways, here's my progress on the body.

Last edited by damageINC; 16-04-2009 at 08:41 AM..
Old 16-04-2009, 08:53 AM   #54
Jensen
Mike Jensen

Send a message via AIM to Jensen Send a message via MSN to Jensen
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Damn great stuff! I dig the spines coming off the mid-legs! Maybe add a few more of those for consistency's sake
Old 16-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #55
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
The details are awesome so far. The inside of the last pic you posted kinda looks like a speaker to me. Not only does he eat your face, but he plays great music while doing so lol. Hopefully you'll finish in time, as this is a great piece.
Old 18-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #56
damageINC

Awards Showcase
@jensen: Thanks man....your's is awesome too. I like chick's pose and the guy's style is definitely looking cool. I was going to make a big armor plate for the top of the legs but I dunno. I'll be adding more spikes along the body for sure.

SR_6274: Haha....nah not a speaker, a turbine. I just finished the blades in it. Just need to incorporate the Threedy logo in the center of the blades and it's complete. Then the main body and little arms and modeling for the high poly is complete.

Old 18-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #57
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
good stuff! awesome details, I hope your low poly will be both
Old 18-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #58
DeadlyFreeze
Not a zombie.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For throwing one hell of a good suggestion out there. You suggested the sculpting challenge, and we ran with it. The community loves it. Nice one! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: your testicles Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''Death Match'' Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
Total Awards: 10
Looking good and definitely one of the more original ideas Ive seen. My only suggestion is you might want to reconsider the knee cap things, they look a bit flimsy compared to the rest of the model.

The mysterious guy behind you...
DeadlyFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 01:09 AM   #59
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Nice nice! I love the inside of the abdomen...I'm guessing that's mostly going to be alpha, but it looks really awesome. Maybe take some of those details and apply them elsewhere on the body....I hate to have all those great designs hidden except only to a few angles.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 02:45 AM   #60
damageINC

Awards Showcase
@chris_solo: Hope so too, thanks man. The low poly will be a challenge but I think I'm up to it.

@DeadlyFreeze: Thanks for the advice. I'll see what can be done to thicken the knee joint armor up. But at this late stage no promises....I'm still not done with the body. ; )

@Puckducker: I really wanted to blades to be unique so it draws your eyes to them. The rounded bits serve both to imitate the links of a chain and will be textured as lights to illuminate the interior of the grinder once I'm done. I still have to figure out how to make flat planes project my normal maps for the blades, but yeah they're mostly going to be flat rings with alphas. Hope I can pull them off as they're important.

Anyway, the body is complete......here's the last update on this. The final thing anyone on the other forums would see before becoming a grease stain: