>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 24-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #16
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Send a message via AIM to FrZnChAoS Send a message via MSN to FrZnChAoS
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge - SMC #49 Fly The Friendly Skies 
Total Awards: 3
thanks, ill try that and see how it looks.
FrZnChAoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 04:08 AM   #17
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge - SMC #49 Fly The Friendly Skies 
Small update,

Connected the legs into the body and created a basic pelvis area. Plan on eliminating the tris when i send more segments through the legs and adding some more definition there while im at it. Through together some rough feet. I think i might enlarge the whole ankle area to account for all the mass hes carrying. Probably one more update before i go to bed.
Attached Images

Old 25-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #18
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
started to crank out the face, pretty rough at this point. just trying to capture the expression in the early stages.
Attached Images

Old 26-03-2009, 04:00 AM   #19
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
went further with the head and a base mesh for the horns. placed it and scaled it roughly to what i want. Still playing with the shape a bit. Getting close to finishing the base mesh than ill sculpt it up. The teeth are just place holders for now.
Attached Images

Old 26-03-2009, 04:29 AM   #20
Darchand

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus 
Total Awards: 4
Oh man I can just see the dentists face when this guy walks in. Okay now open wide and say Ahhhh....

The base mesh is looking clean but maybe a little cartoonish but that's not a bad thing. There are some loops in the stomach area that might not be needed. I wish you the best of luck and hope to see more soon.
Darchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 05:30 AM   #21
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Great expression on him. Did you intend for the head to be that large, because it looks a little out of proportion to the rest of his body. Maybe scale it down just a nudge.
Old 26-03-2009, 05:39 AM   #22
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
Darchand: Not sure if i will have the triangles to fully explore the abs. If not i will simplify it.

SR_6274: Im going for a over the top expression on his face, hence the overly large jaw line and teeth. i took your advice and scaled his head down a bit. Its tricky trying to achieve character without going to overboard. will post another update at the end of my night.

Last edited by FrZnChAoS; 26-03-2009 at 05:43 AM..
Old 26-03-2009, 06:21 AM   #23
Joseph Pomeisl

Send a message via MSN to Joseph Pomeisl
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: Created a model SDK and is sharing it with the forum, for free. Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
If the teeth will remain closed together as in your concept, you might be able to get away with a plane + a few chamfered edges.
Joseph Pomeisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 06:34 AM   #24
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
Joseph Pomeisl: I will consider that if Im running tight on triangles by the time i finish the armor and what not. Chances are i wont be doing to much mouth rigging anyways, since my rigging skills are only a step above novice.

Heres my last update for the night. Kinda redesigned the way the foot worked and made the heel a little more expressive along with increasing the overall size. Created a set of hands & shrunk the head down about 10%, increased the size of his trap muscles a touch also.
Attached Images

Old 26-03-2009, 06:38 AM   #25
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Nice. I think the overall proportions look a lot better. I can't wait to see what you do with the sculpt to this guy.
Old 27-03-2009, 04:03 AM   #26
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
Didnt have much time tonight. Heres my minor update. You should be sculpting by the weekend.
Attached Images

Old 27-03-2009, 04:07 AM   #27
Darchand

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus 
Total Awards: 4
Looking much better. Now I have a sense for the overall model. I know what you are saying about those loops that I was talking about. You will probably go through your model several times retopping. the geometry several times until you are happy with it. Right now it looks good though.
Old 31-03-2009, 04:33 AM   #28
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
havent done much modeling wise in the last few days. been rethinking the overall design in respect to the bio for demon lord. So taking that into account Ive started conceptualizeing a larger body and probably a second head/mouth coming out of an area. This is where im at.
Attached Images

Old 31-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #29
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
fleshed it out a little more...
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #30
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
decided to say screw the change in the design and through away the few iterations i was working on. Ironed out the last modeling details. Going to start the sculpt now. Feel like im about a week and half behind where i should be so Ill have to haul ass.

edit: website isnt letting me upload my latest image for some reason... will check back in a bit and see if it lets me...
Attached Images

Last edited by FrZnChAoS; 07-04-2009 at 03:04 AM..