>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 07-04-2009, 02:04 AM   #31
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Send a message via AIM to FrZnChAoS Send a message via MSN to FrZnChAoS
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge - SMC #49 Fly The Friendly Skies 
Total Awards: 3
started my sculpt. pretty wip at this point. the legs probably going to get smoothed out and have another go at it.
Attached Images

FrZnChAoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:00 AM   #32
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge - SMC #49 Fly The Friendly Skies 
small update before i go to bed.
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #33
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
I really think he needs a longer upper torso and arms. I suggest looking at some more photographs for some antomy and proportions. I suggest going to your lowest res and tweaking your proportions first. Transpose master is a great tool to use for this. After you lenthen the upper torso and arms you might want to make your wings a little wider as well. If you want to check out my cthulhu work in progress on my site to get an idea of what I am talking about go for it. I like the proportions on the legs. I think they just need to be softened a bit by smoothing em a little. Is it me or is there something wrong with the end of your tail? Like vertex mis placed off to the right. Looks odd.

Last edited by Agent-X; 07-04-2009 at 07:41 AM..
Agent-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #34
Jojomondag
Have too go on never stop

FrZnChAoS great work soofar1! how many polys are you up in soo faar? you seam to have some thing going on in zbrush on his tail. Anyhow great work!

greets/jojo

www.jojomondag.se
Jojomondag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #35
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
Great advice from Agent-X, follow those and i want to add on that the waist should be thinner and the chest wider to give the feeling of massiveness instead of the cylinder you have going right now. also fix his face, your whole model shows evilness but then you look at the mouth and its a toothpaste commercial. he has perfect teeth and a perfect smile. is he a demon or a model demon? make him evil.
ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #36
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
Agent-X: Thanks for that, I will re-evaluate and make some adjustments. The one random vertex keeps popping from the tail when i go up a sub lvl. So i dont plan on fixing it till the last moment.

Jojomondag: Right now its 200k, probably 2 more sub lvls to go before i call the quits. I usually spend the most time here trying to get the form right.

ryvick: lol i get what your saying. ill see what i can come up with after i deal with the proportions further.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:36 AM   #37
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
Small update:
Brought in the his lower chest in, expanded out his upper chest and created a larger sense of volume. Buffed out shoulders and clavicle a little more. Lengthened the arms and increased the hand size a bit.

On his face i brought the lower lip futher and made the chin a bit stronger.

More to come....
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2009, 05:03 AM   #38
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Old 08-04-2009, 05:09 AM   #39
Agent-X

Awards Showcase
I think you should also take care of that vertex on the tail bit sooner than later, I would also like to see your proportions fixed. If you can, I would like to see nails like what I added, and like you have on your feet. For now just worry about your low res looking good and anatomically correct, then slowly build by sculpting each subdivision level as much as possible 1 level at a time.

Last edited by Agent-X; 08-04-2009 at 05:16 AM..
Agent-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 AM   #40
discmage

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I don't mind the more squat version...but thats just my style The main thing that stands out to me is the mouth. its a little...odd...I think it mainly the huge square teeth. Getr some fangs or something in there and I think that will look heaps better.

Good work so far. Keep it up
Old 08-04-2009, 05:23 AM   #41
Agent-X

Awards Showcase
here is another helpful link that might help you with proportions. Mortal Kombat Deception boss. Dragon King. http://s.bebo.com/app-image/81883133...eption.PNG.jpg
Old 08-04-2009, 05:24 AM   #42
Agent-X

Awards Showcase
I agree. I think fangs on the teeth would be way cooler.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #43
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Good start so far. But I agree with discmage... the face looks strange at the moment. Try to give it a little more volume and change the teeth in a monster-like way.
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #44
FrZnChAoS
Shaolin Renderer

Awards Showcase
lol Ill take the general consensus on the teeth not being good & see what I can come up with.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #45
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
this is the only thumbs up i could find.
the chest and abs do look better now. i would go fix the arms now, the muscles look clumpy and the teeth still need a fixin.
ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote