>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 23-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
DWIV - 3D - Omnicypher - Untitled

current concept:
Attached Images

Last edited by omnicypher; 03-04-2009 at 04:52 AM..
omnicypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 02:59 AM   #2
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
a quick demon concept to start things off
Attached Images

Old 23-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
Novian
Mentallic Design

Send a message via AIM to Novian
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reache The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge 
Total Awards: 3
Omni: Yes! Welcome to the battle my friend. The shape of the top of his staff would make an awesome set of horns. Looking foward to seeing more.

Cheers~
Novian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
I had already asked myself where were you this year!
Good luck dude
Old 23-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
thanks for the warm welcome guys school has been killing all my free time, and lately ive been working on my 2d skills, so my concepting should be better this time around. all i need is good ideas, which i wont get until i have a good week of research, but the modelling and sculpting should be straightfoward, so i plan on catching up around that point in the workflow. i think the idea of a demon mixed with a culture might work. the first one was kinda african, i could always go with egyptian, asian, middle eastern, or medieval clothing, but to keep it demonic and brutal, i cant cover up too much.

Last edited by omnicypher; 29-03-2009 at 02:04 AM..
Old 24-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
heres some head concepts
Attached Images

Old 24-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #7
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
6 and 3, I like those.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
I agree, 3 & 6.
Old 24-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #9
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
thanks for the suggestions, now im experimenting with combined features to see what was working well, and what was holding it back. which is the best of these?
Attached Images

Old 26-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
Novian
Mentallic Design

Send a message via AIM to Novian
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reache The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge 
Total Awards: 3
E please, with a side of B's eyebrows and a mean scowl.

Cheers~
Novian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 04:05 AM   #11
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
heres my start on the 3d head
Attached Images

Last edited by omnicypher; 27-03-2009 at 08:32 AM..
Old 27-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #12
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
i pretty much finished my base mesh, now im starting to sculpt. im still not sure what armor/clothing to use, maybe bone armor, but ill decide that later.
Attached Images

Last edited by omnicypher; 27-03-2009 at 10:39 PM..
Old 27-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #13
Peter_Kasim

Nice job so far! Very early days but can see that anatomy is developing well. I would say that the legs could use some more curvyness, they seem rather straight and chunky at the moment, some tapering - especially at the knees - would help.

Keep it up, I'll have my eye out on this one
Peter_Kasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #14
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
thanks the forearms, lower legs, and shoulders need the most work, but its all far from being finished. so far its all been sculpting from memory, now ill go in with an anatomy book to clean things up.

after taking a break and comming back, i realized my character is too humanly proportioned, and besides the head, theres not much character in there. i might give him giant arms, or animal legs, and i will need to concept the armor/clothes to come up with a good silhouette... so back to the drawing board i guess

Last edited by omnicypher; 28-03-2009 at 03:17 AM..
Old 28-03-2009, 06:11 AM   #15
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
i skipped this important step too many times, which usually gives me mediocre results, but here are my silhouettes, pick the best
Attached Images