>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 12-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #31
Coldturkey
What r'ya looking at!?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
Hey I came to trash yo light lol

You might wanna exchange the back with something heavier looking since your dude is also leaning far to forward for the items he would be carrying. also have and extra arm-piece for movability and bettering the overall feel of your design.

I hope it helps

maybe also change eyes abit, improve some tiny design parts to fit the idea of movablility more

Last edited by Coldturkey; 12-04-2009 at 10:42 PM..
Coldturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #32
X-Convict
Digital Armourer

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Already started modeling a big back piece - That and shoulder work are already on the list. Extra arm piece is a good idea, thanks for the paintover, it helps! I like the glowy bits too

There's a few ideas of asymmetry I have planned too so it will have a breakup.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #33
Coldturkey
What r'ya looking at!?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
sigh - lol might aswell take it down again
Old 13-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #34
X-Convict
Digital Armourer

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
take what down?? It was a great paintover I appreciate you took the time to do that

update.. only one shot for now, took too long to render the back this morning.. need new comp soon..

Old 15-04-2009, 06:15 AM   #35
X-Convict
Digital Armourer

Awards Showcase

Old 15-04-2009, 07:05 AM   #36
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
your bot look great! I like your modeling, he has an old and later style at the times, the different shots with different angles are well
Old 15-04-2009, 08:28 AM   #37
Jensen
Mike Jensen

Send a message via AIM to Jensen Send a message via MSN to Jensen
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Great modeling indeed! I like how there is detail where it's needed and there isn't where its not.
Old 15-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #38
Lukavi

Send a message via AIM to Lukavi Send a message via MSN to Lukavi Send a message via Yahoo to Lukavi
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''Cybergirl Windy'' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 4
Damn dude really nice update, I really dig what you did with backpack and the guns are looking sweet. I also really like that fillet type style you got on the hoses, tight modeling!
Old 16-04-2009, 03:44 AM   #39
X-Convict
Digital Armourer

Awards Showcase
Thanks guys! I have left to do a final detail pass, should take a day or two, and add the controller center piece or at least fill it out. Full renders take too long so I'll probably hold off on it until I'm about done with the detailing and take a day to just render out shots. I'm hoping to have the high done by the weekend so I can crank out the low and normal and AO bakes over the weekend. We'll see, that's what I'm aiming for but it may take a few more days.

More stuff soon!
Old 17-04-2009, 08:54 AM   #40
X-Convict
Digital Armourer

Awards Showcase
high is pretty much done, did a detail pass and am rendering out big shots now:

High base pre-sub-d wires

Old 17-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #41
Jensen
Mike Jensen

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Hot damn dude this is looking dominating! Like I said the exposed connecting wires add so much to the style! The two different guns are badass too, like if he wants to just kinda kill something KINDA or like, obliterate it so there is nothing left! The details are coming together nicely especially the back can't wait until those renders finish up!
Old 19-04-2009, 01:40 AM   #42
X-Convict
Digital Armourer

Awards Showcase
Thanks Jensen!

Took some times but got some renders, moving onto getting the low, unwrap, and bakes.

Old 19-04-2009, 02:00 AM   #43
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Very cool. Lat renders look great, love the design. I'd maybe scale the pelvis up a bit, looks a little tight fitting right now, and doesn't do much for the profile, but that's just me. Thumbs up!

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #44
Jensen
Mike Jensen

Awards Showcase
Damn fine renders X-Con! The jetpack on the back really makes the whole thing feel enormous (with the little ones on the feet :P) All the wiring really turned out well and adds a sort of cohesion to the whole design. I disagree about the pelvis though. It may seem a bit small, but when you look at the leg joints they appear that they would have a full range of motion, so it looks fully functional. Also even in the low poly any clipping of the legs with the pelvis wouldn't be blatant until the leg started to clip the actual side of the pelvis (but you would never bend the legs that far to the side so it wouldn't even matter haha)

Great update looking forward to the bakes!

:beer:
Old 20-04-2009, 01:22 AM   #45
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
can't wait to see the war damamge on this guy. He looks like be can take a pounding and give one right back.