>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Atomhawk Challenge (Sponsored by Wacom)

Old 12-04-2011, 02:56 AM   #16
atahan_zugul

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
Composition Update

Just got the whole thing together - still gotta clean up the jaggies on the robot and add some color to it. Mind you i am tempted to leave it black and white - it has a lot of punch this way. Mind you i was tempted to just submit my previous post as the finished piece - i like the little critter in the goo - its got a mysterious side to it. All crits and comments welcome - and good luck guys - very little time left.

atahan_zugul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:22 AM   #17
buzz001

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
I love the black and white it adds a lot of character to the piece as a whole. The one thing I see in the layout is the border. Your layout fades from the top, maybe you make the border fade in the same direction. Start the fade 1.5" after the base of the neck of the human. It still will look framed but at the same time it will make the blob look like it's headed beyond the frame of the poster. Love the font too....Good luck.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:11 AM   #18
Blender-Man

We have the winner
Blender-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #19
thedarkinker

Mate this is looking well cool, and I think I agree the black and white has a real strong look to it, great work!!
thedarkinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #20
atahan_zugul

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Atomhawk Update

Finally at the stage of doing the paintover, after hours of fiddling around finally got a color scheme going that doesnt clash with the other character or the alien... hopefully it'll all come together and soon... Only concern is that there might be jaggies with the robot guy - he's more or less one mesh, and at 3k you can see the polys... hopefully down rezzing to 2k will hide it... fingers crossed*... I still prefer the black and white version - but hell... what can ya do. All comments and crits welcome. Good luck guys - last day now.

buzz001: yeah my favs the black and white too - i placed a border purely because its got a white background - when you goto view it against white it looks weird, the eye kinda falls off the image - and the border helps the overall image pop also

Blender-Man: I sure hope so dude, im gettin a hernia from all the time im spending sittin in front of me computer - might be time to invest in one of them blow up donuts to sit on.

thedarkinker: thanks mate, yeah im big on the black and white too - but heck everyone seems to expect color these days - you cant get the same punch as black and white though in my opinion.

Old 13-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #21
elgama

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
Diggin the overpaint mate keep up!
elgama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #22
atahan_zugul

Awards Showcase
Finally - Phew, what a ride - so relieved to finish... Good luck to those still in the race. All crits and comments most welcome. man i need to get me some real food besides cup-0-noodles and some serious Zzzzzzz time.

If anyone wants a look at the hi-rez 3k version - heres the link: AtomHawkHIREZ

elgama: was diggin your work too man - glad its over though, lol now to take like 2 days off before diving back into the trenches with dominance war. lol

Old 14-04-2011, 01:10 AM   #23
yinteck

I really like this piece. I think you can add some detail to the character on the left. Maybe some hazard strip, numbers text or something. Just my thought
yinteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #24
atahan_zugul

Awards Showcase
Just a black and white - for comparison.

yinteck: Well i had intended on putting more detail into him at the first outset of the project - mostly accessories to give the character more depth and story. However due to the time constraints i had to reel those ideas back somewhat and tried to compensate with a little war paint - kinda ended up with a more tribal feel to him which is not what i had first intended but cant complain.