>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 19-03-2009, 04:02 AM   #151
Kageko

....dude, u kinda scare me... this is top row stuff, as usual (i lurk alot...) truly inspiring work! *off to watch your tutorial* :P
Kageko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 04:13 AM   #152
spartan118
Lookn 4 professional work

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Dead right he scares us, you must on some kind of steroids or somthing!!. well either that or you sold your soul to the art devil. Legendary stuff here.
spartan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 05:57 AM   #153
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Geez, thanks for setting the bar so high, how are us noobs supposed to compete with this? Seriously, this is looking absolutely amazing.
Old 19-03-2009, 06:26 AM   #154
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Sickness Sathe. Thats hot! Reminds me of something from Transformers. Thats cool **** dude. Keep up the ****ing good work. I am glad we have Sathe this year. 3D total is going to kick all the other forums asses with this entry! Ill do my best to try to get something too. If you got any critiques for me let me know.
Old 19-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #155
xelubest
XDS Style

Send a message via AIM to xelubest Send a message via MSN to xelubest Send a message via Yahoo to xelubest
duuudeeee sick work XD awesome flow... i soo hate you =)

what do you eat to come up with this stuff? =)
xelubest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #156
Milan

Send a message via Yahoo to Milan
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 73 ''life on a farm'' 
Total Awards: 4
awesome!
Old 19-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #157
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Ive started Organizing what I'm gonna do for the video tutorial Tomorrow night.
Will hand off to the 3Dtotal lads this weekend so should be ready shortly

This won't be a fundamental video, just me modeling the weapon/start to finish, I will try to commentate but once I start modeling seriously it will be hard for me to focus on both things.

I will not have a concept or reference, but instead do it how i do it always, start with proxy piece and model from that.

Cya.

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #158
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Updates Sathe?

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #159
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathe View Post
Ive started Organizing what I'm gonna do for the video tutorial Tomorrow night.
Will hand off to the 3Dtotal lads this weekend so should be ready shortly

This won't be a fundamental video, just me modeling the weapon/start to finish, I will try to commentate but once I start modeling seriously it will be hard for me to focus on both things.

I will not have a concept or reference, but instead do it how i do it always, start with proxy piece and model from that.

Cya.
Looking foreword to it.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #160
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Hehe, I think Sathe needs to sleep. Give the poor man a break. Hes human after all. Lol. Even though we all know he is a machine. Sathes the man. Keep up the good work bro.
Old 19-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #161
Sathe
Hardstyle

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
actually today i had less sleep than i have had the entire month. 40 minutes woo!
I got freelance to deal with at the same time so i can only work on this guy when rendering,.
here is some new proportion changes to the legs.upper body and back.

Threedy 4 life
Old 19-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #162
vongn
rolling stone

great model man! neon lights are crazy, and your awards take up too much room, my monitor isn't wide enough.

“There is no use trying, said Alice; one can't believe impossible things. I dare say you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
vongn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #163
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre 
Total Awards: 11
I just took a bath and I feel dirty again just by looking at the update.
I still think that the arms should be longer though. How is it supposed to catch mushrooms or feed bunnies with such short arms? How is it supposed to caress the head of cute demon children while they run around him in circles screaming "you killed my father, murderer!!!" just a split second before their little horned heads are pulverized by Mauro's railgun.
Think about it man. Give it a serious thought ok?

All the best.
DD
Old 19-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #164
Sathe
Hardstyle

Awards Showcase
I can't stress it enough guys study your ****en Silhouettes...Seriously, all those dudes on the Alechmy Aps thats great and all but find one you like, build it low poly as and study it....and refine the outlines.

Threedy 4 life
Old 19-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #165
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
I think this is s**t. Give up.

Tags
big as a mountain, caramel b.i.o.t.c.h ftw!, christian bale, doctor granthattan, dominance war, mauro, no mercy, sathe, sometimes just pants, the coon, threedy ftw!!