>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 16-03-2009, 03:01 AM   #31
discmage

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
lol, shiny! You ARE a machine!

I have to agree though with the sketch concept not being as 'powerful' as it could be. Bulk him up some! Have you thought about maybe having him more like a hunchback character of form so the head is more at the front...I think with a pointy head like that it would suit him more. If I could think of an example I would...but I can't

Oh! Calibretto from battlechasers...sort of.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...calibretto.jpg
Old 16-03-2009, 04:45 AM   #32
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 05:03 AM   #33
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Show off. You know this is utter crap. I don't know why you are posting it, I mean you can do so much better... okay sorry I'm just jealous. Awesome job, no wonder you have 40 golden eyes to your name.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 05:31 AM   #34
Fenixy
Threedy Spy Master

Send a message via ICQ to Fenixy Send a message via MSN to Fenixy
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #17 The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Sculpting Challenge # 18 Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art #18, well done! 
Total Awards: 4
someone slow him down, he will destroy hellish dimention befor other can even put shoes on!
p.s can you show wire without smooth?

Last edited by Fenixy; 16-03-2009 at 05:33 AM..
Fenixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 05:57 AM   #35
Sathe
Hardstyle

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
here you go.

Threedy 4 life
Old 16-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #36
Linc
Toast is Yes

Send a message via MSN to Linc
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
Total Awards: 1
Some speedy work so far, looks very badass. Think some big, sharp mechanical claws would go well with your design.

Dunno if it was a concious decision or not but the little smiley face on his helmet always makes me smile
Attached Images

Linc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 06:52 AM   #37
Joseph Pomeisl

Send a message via MSN to Joseph Pomeisl
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: Created a model SDK and is sharing it with the forum, for free. Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Curious to see what you fill the space between the head and neck opening. Maybe the head could be just a bit wider in the front view?
Joseph Pomeisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #38
Segreto

Send a message via MSN to Segreto
really nice work so far Sathe, can't wait to see what the whole model looks like
Old 16-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #39
Sathe
Hardstyle

Awards Showcase
discmage, sorry i missed your post. Yes he will be more Tanky, thanks for that ref.

End of Day 1 for me. Thanks for the crits so far.

Threedy 4 life
Old 16-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #40
Jensen
Mike Jensen

Send a message via AIM to Jensen Send a message via MSN to Jensen
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Nice progress for the day! We are going to take this thing for sure . Great colors too
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #41
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
whoo! nice stuff "machine man" !
Old 16-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #42
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 
Total Awards: 11
I already know this one is gonna suck.
Good luck matey
Old 16-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #43
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Looks badass man. Make sure to add lot's of exposed wiring etc... that's a must for a competition mech.

BTW, did you block me on Messenger? 0_o Or are you just not on anymore? I will trash your lights.
Old 16-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #44
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
Total Awards: 8
Talk about cracking on with things! Nice start mate
Perversonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #45
Sathe
Hardstyle

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
Looks badass man. Make sure to add lot's of exposed wiring etc... that's a must for a competition mech.

BTW, did you block me on Messenger? 0_o Or are you just not on anymore? I will trash your lights.
I changed my email, to stop all the spam but haven't added anyone back yet. been caned with stuff lately.

You would want me to expose some wirage wouldn't you. sick *****

Threedy 4 life

Tags
big as a mountain, caramel b.i.o.t.c.h ftw!, christian bale, doctor granthattan, dominance war, mauro, no mercy, sathe, sometimes just pants, the coon, threedy ftw!!