>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Sculpting

Old 17-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #61
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Hi Freespace-3DT,
I also have two questions if you dont mind,
The first is if the pedestal for the sculpt must be included in the 10 hours?
And if can i add some acessory in the midlle of sculptibg, like if i decide to
do my creature with open mouth, can i add subtolls for the gum and teeth, which is not included in the base mesh?
Thanks and cheers
Fernando Kuhlmann

www.stoneking.com.br
Stoneking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #62
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Hey Stoneking,

The pedestal is included in the 10 hours, and you should do it only when you're pleased with your sculpt. The sculpt is more important than the pedestal, but if you've got time, people will definitely love a well made pedestal ( especially when the character you sculpted interacts with it in some way ).

You can do anything you want with meshes and subtools at any time in those 10 hours.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #63
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Thanks for the answer Freespace,
Appreciated
And congratulations for this amazing Forum that my fellow Glauco Longhi
introduced to me
Fernando Kuhlmann

www.stoneking.com.br
Old 18-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #64
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
We're always glad to have new creative people join our community.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #65
Toxic_Boy
Junior

Send a message via Yahoo to Toxic_Boy
7 hours......
posing and give it a pedestal...

Toxic_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #66
mastein

Send a message via MSN to mastein
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My Show Time sculpt has been plugged on toprow. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The Almighty Thor has been plugged to the top bar! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place on Abominable Snowman sculpting challange! 
Total Awards: 17
Hey guys! Thatīs it!
My time is up! iīll do a presentation shoot till 31st....

10th hour
mastein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #67
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Hey Freespace, thanks a lot
And great sculpts guys, congratulations ToxicBoy for the update,

Here's my wip shot at 4 hours and 40 min total,
I tried to stick to my BG that i wrote in the base mesh post,
It is a human evolution who lives in both whater and outside it,

Hope you like it
Cheers
Attached Images

www.stoneking.com.br
Old 19-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #68
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Hey Mariano!
Awesome work my friend
Congratulations!
Cheers
Fernando

www.stoneking.com.br
Old 19-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #69
GMGraham

Hey guys I have a question about using cam studio, I've used it many times in the past but not with windows 7, I got into about 3 hours of modeling last night and stopped cam studio, as it was saving it crashed and I can't play the avi it left behind, any suggestions?
GMGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #70
Stoneking

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaleFlesh View Post
Hey guys I have a question about using cam studio, I've used it many times in the past but not with windows 7, I got into about 3 hours of modeling last night and stopped cam studio, as it was saving it crashed and I can't play the avi it left behind, any suggestions?
Hey Stale,
This happened with mine too,
BUT in my case i just need to wait and it will save properly,
It says it is not responding but in a wile it saves it, just whait,
AND in my case the only program that plays the movie is
Media Player Classsic-Homecinema
Hope it helps
PS And you also can play the movie you already saved,
But it will be incomplete, with less time then recorded,
Cheers
Fernando Kuhlmann

www.stoneking.com.br
Old 19-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #71
D R E A M N T

Send a message via AIM to D R E A M N T
Awards Showcase
Toxic_Boy - Im really liking this man.Though I think you should explore more matcaps.I feel like this one is sort of taking away from what this sexy beast really can look like with a diff one applied to him ya know.Look GREAT so far man!
Can't wait to see the final.

mastein - Such a clean finish.Im drroooooling waiting for the presentation shots man.DROOOLING!Lol.But seriously...I did.
n____n

Stoneking - Looking good man.Keep it going.

2 hours and 40 minutes into my sculpt.So much to be done.Such little time.Its so fun though.I will definitely be joining more of these kinds of contest here on 3d total.

Oh and theres a 3d max render in there just for the hell of it.Basically it looked cool so I put it here with the rest.
Enjoy guys.
Crits and comments VERY welcomed.

D R E A M N T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #72
GMGraham

StoneKing thanks for the advice, I will try Media Player Classsic-Homecinema.

One other question I have is about the base meshes. It sais in the rules we can have as many base mashes as we want, my idea is to portray how humans would evolve after the apocolypse and I thought I would use 3 base meshes showing a family of three. Is this allowed or should I stick to one character? I'll post my concept and my 3 hour sculpt so far. The plan is to clone the base sculpt to create a man, a woman, and a child.

Old 19-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #73
Longhi

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge ''jack 'o lantern third place'' The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge  ''After the smoke clears'' 
Total Awards: 13
nice works fellas.
Stoneking, yeah my friend, nice!

another 1 hour spent on the model.
(3 hours total till now)

cheers
Attached Images

www.glaucolonghi.com
http://www.facebook.com/glaucolonghi
Longhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #74
dark-blast
Headbangers

keep coming guys! this is awesome!
http://dark-blast.deviantart.com
dark-blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #75
GMGraham

oh man some good stuff, I gotta start over lol. I took to long on the base mesh anyways, also figured out cam studio properlly. Very Inspiring stuff guys!