>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > CG Chat

Old 21-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
[W]olF

Critisize me!

Hey guys,as some of you know i have started Environment Modelling and i have desided to put my works here from now on to get better everytime.This is my last work,Every object is modeled in 3Ds Max,and all the nature parts in Vue,and some adjustment in Ps...Now please critisize me the most,thank you all my friends
Attached Images

[W]olF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
bobi
Scorpion

This should go to modeling/lighting/rendering subforum.

Anyway, I like the render, but it really lack of some good lighting and shaders. You should definitely increase contrast, sdo it doesn't look that flat.
I would suggest you to remove every single material (you can use "material override", so you keep your previous materials), and then put some dark gray texture, and from there you can start building your lighting.

You will be surprised how mood can be achieved only by lights.
Here's some example:

You see how the highlight on the clifs and castle is strong? I think you lack some of that in your rendering.
In this painting you can hardly see any texture (material), but it's great, because lighting is great, and it gives perfect mood.

After that (when you're happy with results), you can start adding materials.
Old 22-02-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
astroAJ
ʘὦʘ →

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 13
If ur posting on here regally start a thread in the organic or hard surface modelling section.

Lighting and shading seems to be the biggest problem in this picture. Being a full moon and a lot of mist hanging around, the moon would cast light rays and a tint the scene a blue colour, maybe??

Shading needs work because the grave stones look very flat, also there would be quite a strong shadow around objects. A bit of Depth of field could also improve the visual quality.
astroAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
[W]olF

Thank you very much my friends.I will have to use all you said in my next scene...
[W]olF is offline   Reply With Quote