>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge

Old 25-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
Jeebs

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Total Awards: 1
Jeebs - Fanart - Disciples

Hi,

I'm new to this Forum
When I saw this challange suddenly I realised that I have to participate here.
There is probably the only "thing" that makes me a fan of it, and that is a game called Disciples. I have been playing it since it's first release, and now it's a perfect opportunity to create one of the many amasing Disciples characters.
So far I didn't choose one, but it's definitely gonna be from this game.
Best of luck to everyone!

latest upadate:

Last edited by Jeebs; 14-04-2012 at 08:32 AM..
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
Stranger1988

the second part I like more
Good luck!

Stranger1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
Jeebs

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
thanks yeah I like the second more also.
So I have chosen the Archlich from disciples 2.
Don't know if that's final but I'll stick with this character for now.

I have took I couple of references, also some other characters looked cool for me from the same game, so perhaps I could combine a few of them, and make a new one with a style of this game.
Old 26-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
MemoNick

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Good luck man With such reference pictures I'm looking forward to seeing you progress.
MemoNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
hot. this is hot. i like this dwarf that stranger posted and this scarry fairy in top right corner .
waiting for progress . this will be interesting
good luck man
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
Jeebs

Awards Showcase
thank you all for the support

I also like dwarven models from this game, so it's really hard to choose...
There is one I like from the old style:

And the new style of the same character:

Last edited by Jeebs; 27-02-2012 at 08:00 AM..
Old 27-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
Jussslic

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Dammmn. Haha, if you've never tried HD sculpting, now's the time to learn it!
Jussslic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
Aemeath
Cute in a fetishy way.

Send a message via MSN to Aemeath
I'm a big fan of Disciples myself, there's a ton of characters to choose from really. Can't wait to see progress here!
Aemeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
Jeebs

Awards Showcase
That's true
It's good to see some fans of disciples

And I have some high res sculpting experience otherwise I wouldn't choose this kind of difficult character.
Old 27-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #10
strict9
xyz to uv YO

blue dwarf looks awesome...but looks finished
try the ice covered one above it
strict9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
Jeebs

Awards Showcase
Even if the dwarf looks awesome I decided to create Archlich, I like the evil look on it, and I can imagine what I could change on it And make a little bit different. The dwarf looks perfect as it is, I don't think I could come up with something to make it even better...

Anyway next step concept art of archlich, but it will not be soon, have a lot of work now..
Old 27-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #12
Aemeath
Cute in a fetishy way.

Send a message via MSN to Aemeath
Was hoping for a second for Thanatos, but the Arch Lich is just as awesome. (Undead Hordes player here.. )

Really looking forward to see what you will come up with.
Aemeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #13
Jeebs

Awards Showcase
Today I have redraw a little bit of Archlich the way I wanted, not a lot just slightly.
Also I have experimented with colors, just for fun, I know that it's early to decide which color should it have, but just wanted to know your opinion about variations.

In the game this character had the main color green, so I made him with that, at first, but then tried to change them, didn't really do a well job...
So I'm asking for a help to make it easier for me to decide

I will also add some minor object so it wouldn't look so simetrical, like a book of death, and some chains. I will not draw them, because it's pretty clear in my mind how it's gonna look.

Anyway here's the retouched concept.
Old 29-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #14
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
i like "C" and "H" best. it has the best impact to viewwers eye .
will be waiting for some modeling/sculpting progress
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #15
Jeebs

Awards Showcase
Paulius-st: thanks