>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 18-02-2008, 06:51 AM   #16
NeoGeo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
haha lol that guy looks very happy
NeoGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 09:00 AM   #17
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyomon View Post
The only thing I don't like is that the whole thing is very tall and not that wide. It looks a little tipsy. Maybe make the guy a little bigger?
I totally agree with you about that. And it's funny because I already scaled the guy down because I/wife thought he looked too big compared to her. But I guess maybe the overblown proportions could work here.

Thanks for the comments comrades.
Old 18-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #18
Rych
Master swordsman

Send a message via AIM to Rych
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Monte Beautiful concept It is looking good and I do think that it doesn't look very stable at all either! But it will be interesting to see you pull that off with only 9000 polys......LOL

Baron
Old 18-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #19
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Nice one and ambitious too! Thinking outside the box there Monte with that original concept
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #20
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Wow, I love it! Very bold concept. exactly what you need to stand out above the rest! I look forward to more development!
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #21
eXeM

Great and beautifull concept
The guy under her could get some serious rage bonus when his lady is not quick enough to climb off him when she needs to the bathroom
Old 19-02-2008, 01:30 AM   #22
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeM View Post
Great and beautifull concept
The guy under her could get some serious rage bonus when his lady is not quick enough to climb off him when she needs to the bathroom
Ha ha ha! Thanks for the comments folks!

Rych - 9000 Polys is a vast number. I guarantee I could do this in 7000 if need-be. Of course and extra 2000 helps me seal the deal. People so often underestimate how powerful normal mapping is. It ain't like the old days. It's the masses of detail that frighten me. Still, no guts no glory. Thanks for dropping by old friend.

So anyways, I've taken your feedback on board and beefed up the Great-Dead-Uncle Browden. Added drop shadow, so you can see that they are actually floating. Also updated the dress shape, to make her feel less top-heavy and more stream-lined. Legs need to come up, and I need to add boots, as well as some foot platforms and I also need to point those feet up. However, I reckon I'm happy with the profile, so it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty (what a phrase), any last crits had better come now.
Attached Images

Old 19-02-2008, 01:47 AM   #23
omnicypher

Awards Showcase
i really love the facial hair on the ghost and the girls hair is very imaginitive. everything is fitting together quite nicely and the color scheme of the blueish dead ghost and the vibrant reds work really well at making this pop right off the page. im curious to see what 1800s style clothing youll use for the ghost. insanely great work!
omnicypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 01:47 AM   #24
Fenixy
Threedy Spy Master

Send a message via ICQ to Fenixy Send a message via MSN to Fenixy
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #17 The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Sculpting Challenge # 18 Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art #18, well done! 
Total Awards: 4
O____O awsome, just awsome. . .

so there is some "sit" thing on this dude ?
Fenixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 02:09 AM   #25
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
BACK-STORY SNIPPET ADDED TO FIRST POST! ENJOY!

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate the support.
Old 19-02-2008, 02:29 AM   #26
akimba

Send a message via AIM to akimba
HAHA, GREAT backstory added to a rockin concept so far!! Certainly great watching her develop. GO GO GO!!

Fenixy, it looks to me that there is the development of a throne on his back...good stuff MonteCristo, good stuff.
akimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 03:57 AM   #27
Jido
Skill Reaper

Before you posted the 2nd image, I thought her legs would have behind him footed just below his lats, but this looks more interesting; especially for a creative harness/mount.

The backstory is hilariously exquisite.
Jido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #28
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixy View Post
so there is some "sit" thing on this dude ?
Sorry bro, wierdly, I just saw this question has your signature, and so didn't read it.

Yeah, there's a kind of throne/saddle attached across the armour on his shoulders chest and back.

Jido & Akimba - Thanks dudes. You got my back. I'm really pleased you liked the back-story part. I'm thinking on building it up with each update. Stay tooned.
Old 19-02-2008, 09:20 AM   #29
Star_Scream
The Nerd

Awards Showcase
I love her, really! Don't what to say, except show more updates
Star_Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 09:34 AM   #30
killadee

this is so cool! Great-Dead-Uncle Browden needs a silver serving tray with cups of tea and biscuts.

Tags
countess, dom war 3, dominance war, dominance war 3