>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 20-02-2008, 08:39 PM   #46
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
Looks amazing. can i have a poster too?
ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #47
neosorcerer

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 1
I love your concept and the letter was cute too. Hope you'll have another update for us soon!
neosorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 01:59 AM   #48
Chung Wong

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Low POly Comp #22 Washed Up super Hero 
Total Awards: 4
This is looking really good. You have some excellent 2d skills there. I think you should enter the 2d comp as well, even if you have to do it in another forum.. or is that classed a blasphemy?
Chung Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 05:06 AM   #49
yoyomon
Registered Lurker

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' 
Looks good. The only thing that bothers me is the trim on her hat; it looks off.
yoyomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 05:20 AM   #50
Incredibo

it's looking good dude. I noticed by you title your going for 3d. so are going to be able to model in all that sweet detail for 2 characters.
Incredibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 12:30 AM   #51
khemist000

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
The detail is amazing. I cant wait to see how this turns out. Definitely finish this one!

Good Luck.
khemist000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #52
bb0x
Artificial Soundwave

Send a message via MSN to bb0x
We demand updates! ...please (A)
Old 26-02-2008, 02:09 AM   #53
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Arrow

OK then...

Sorry that I haven't managed to reply in a while I've been really busy both with this, and with work, not to mention the young sprog. That said, I appreciate all the comments and do read everything you all say, and where appropriate take it on board and act accordingly. Was really pleased to see Mr Kite pop in. I'm a big fan of your work Kite. Do pop in again.

So what's new? Well, throne's done. Carapace is done. All sorts of odds and sods behind the scenes too. Should be able to nail this sucker down this week and get modelling. If not I've got next week off, so I can definitely hit it hard.

Thanks again for all the support. Latest installment of the back story is on the right of the image...
Attached Images

Old 26-02-2008, 02:33 AM   #54
Rych
Master swordsman

Send a message via AIM to Rych
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Wow that is looking great I love what she is sitting on very nice!! I can't wait to see him all finished up! He is gonna look pretty terrifying! Though you should put some riding boots on her not just bare feet.

Baron
Old 26-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #55
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rych View Post
Wow that is looking great I love what she is sitting on very nice!! I can't wait to see him all finished up! He is gonna look pretty terrifying! Though you should put some riding boots on her not just bare feet.

Baron
Thanks Rych. Don't panic. Boots etc are on their way. Painting her whole leg in allows me to experiment with impunity.
Old 26-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #56
Tekei

Send a message via MSN to Tekei
It' looks awesome. Can't think of much else to say, sorry.
Keep up the good work.
Tekei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #57
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
Exclamation

Right, time to invest this lunch break in replying to all of you who posted over the last few days. Thank you so much for the support.

omnicypher - My sentiments exactly.

Segreto & Star_Scream & Mr T & Que - Glad you like the side saddle look. I think was a necessary, and probably the most important, change. Originally, she was going to be a stilt walker, but I wasn't happy with this design, hence the ghost. It took a while for me to realise that covering him too much with her dress was gonna look a bit crappy, an the side-saddle look gives her a sexier attitude and a more confident, relaxed and capable air overall.

freesupra - Thank you!

DaddyDoom - Mmm. Nurses.

Rych - I'm glad you like the throne aspect of her. I was tooing and froing over whether to go with the fluffy look, but I think it's ok, and suits her. As long as his costume has a decent contrast to show where he begins and she ends, I think it will be ok.

MaggieQue - I thnk I agree with your first point about the colours for the ghost. The 2nd comment maybe seems a little too subjective for me. However, You may get your wish. I'll leave the colour balancing until the end I think.

Mr Kite - Thanks for stopping by! Let's be rivals! . So I agree with what you're saying about the need for a link, and I think I'll have to figure that out once the main composite is done. I suspect this will be the part where the serendipity aspect comes into play. Just by trying a bunch of stuff I should be able to home in on something I like.

Ryvick (and Star Scream again) - Tell yo what. If I win, then I'll look in to getting posters printed.

neosorcerer - I'm glad you enjoyed the letter, I was probably more pleased with the directio the story is going than I was the concept art.

Chung Wong - I doubt I'll have time to do the Concept one, but who knows. If I can complete this with 2 weeks to spare (very unlikely), I may have a go. If I did that, i'd hot foot it over to GA, and fight for them. I like those guys and gals.

yoyomon - Yeah, I think you may be right there. Guess I've been looking at it too long.

Incredibo - Never underestimate the power of the normal map. I lead the prop team on APB here at Realtime Worlds. You'll be amazed what we can produce with very littele budget. I'm confident I can do the same here. And the budget her is massive by the way. With double faces, it's effectively an 18,000 tri budget. Lovely.

khemist000 - Thanks for stopping by. I'll do my best.

bb0x - Demand granted.

Tekei - Not a problem. "Awesome" is more than I could hope for really.

Ok, that should about do it. I'l try to get a decent update put together for y'all over the next few days. Thanks for dropping in, and thanks to all those who have flocked to the 3DTotal banner. I think we can make this 2 in a row.
Old 26-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #58
bb0x
Artificial Soundwave

Send a message via MSN to bb0x
Heh cool. I just remembered you saying not finishing much so I tought I should pop by and make you do some work :$
Old 26-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #59
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
THAT is exactly the sort of support I need.
Old 26-02-2008, 09:44 PM   #60
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
Looking good. I like that you managed to tell the backstory thru letters. I really like the wild-eyed crazed look of her "chauffeur," I hope you keep that look when you move to 3d.
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
countess, dom war 3, dominance war, dominance war 3