>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 24-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
merlyn

DWIII - 3D - merlyn - Clericon Mystic

A female clericon - I know make allot of female characters, but my jobs involve make lots of male soilders, so this is aways a breath of fresh air.
Attached Images

merlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
very nice. elegant, yet deadly. cool twist from the other concepts. really nice, what is it, 1800's look. maybe she could use a bag or purse with some supplies, like bandages of herbs.

looking forward to seeing more.
Old 24-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
merlyn

I think I'll give her a pregnant belly to add a twist.
Old 24-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
Askguden
Professional Slacker

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
hmm... cool concept .. but I don't think a pregnant woman would be the best suited to go to war against evil ancient killing machines ^^ But I would love too see a more..adventurous version, where she looks a bit more..prepared.

www.torfrick.com ^^
Askguden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 12:56 PM   #5
merlyn

got a point there... might give her a strange relic on her back to make her look a little more interesting. I have to take my hat of to the other folks, there's some mad compation out there!
Old 25-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #6
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
maybe you can give her a hunch back or put some junk in her trunk. lol i just had to say that hahah. really awesome design, very few ppl are making the elegant characters that your going with.
ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #7
Rych
Master swordsman

Send a message via AIM to Rych
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
You know if you wanted to keep the book and give her a kinda elegant which feel, maybe you should give her maybe a wand or somthing, or even give her something that she wears on her hand? I like the pregnant idea though, I mean who is to say a pregnant women can't fight she is a magic user who is gonna get close to her!!

Baron
Old 25-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
I learnt the hard way not to f**k with a pregnant woman (ie. I lived with one) - I think she'd make a ferocious opponent if she were up the spout
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #9
merlyn

I think allot of reviewers like edgy characters, I think they like the idea of giving a character history hidden in the mesh. worth thinking for all our designs. she definatly need allot more clutter, I'll give he some mystical clutter, potions / relics.
Old 25-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #10
Tank[NL]

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopipe View Post
I learnt the hard way not to f**k with a pregnant woman (ie. I lived with one) - I think she'd make a ferocious opponent if she were up the spout

lol....

but, yeah, nothing more dangerous then a pregant woman or a woman with kids.

maybe you could add something like a small kid in a baby-wagon, or something.
Old 26-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #11
merlyn

or a woman from an estate with twenty kids - humm armoured pram - like the sound of that. perhaps with some strange spirit being as the child.
Old 27-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #12
merlyn

can you use disc throwers, slightly mechanical but not steam powered, like a gun.
Old 27-02-2008, 01:13 PM   #13
Tank[NL]

Awards Showcase
i think so. mechanical is fine, just no electrics or steam powered stuff. so, spring loaded is fine. you should be able to give her a Desert Eagle, if you wanted to.
Old 29-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #14
merlyn

update design - the disc thrower uses magic to fire off the blade
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #15
merlyn

early days
Attached Images