>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 26-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
Lukavi

Send a message via AIM to Lukavi Send a message via MSN to Lukavi Send a message via Yahoo to Lukavi
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''Cybergirl Windy'' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 4
DWIII - 3D - Lukavi - Beytalius The Redeemer

Hey guys Im new to this forum I came over (defected) from cgtalk to participate in 3dtotals side instead. Since I was already in progress when I left from there Ill post everything I did up to now. My character is a Clericon with holy powers of healing and defence. Comments and crits more than welcome.

FINAL UPDATE:

silhouette ideas i started with.

Quick fleshed out sketch of a sihouette i liked.

Front ortho.

Side ortho.

I decided I wanted him on a horse instead of my original idea so i put up a quick action pose.

quick sketch of the horse.

Current progress on the blockout still going.

Last edited by Lukavi; 12-04-2008 at 10:29 PM..
Lukavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
Firehazurd
Ima weener!

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 1
I think I'm partial to the spinning top instead of the horse. You have a pretty amazing and well defined concept there. I can't wait to see where it goes.
Firehazurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
neolith
h4xx0r

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Welcome aboard,man These concepts are totally awesome,i hope you've got enough polys for both the character and the horse.Another great entry for 3DTotal

Quote:
something wrongI think
neolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
kravo

Send a message via MSN to kravo
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
this looks very, very good! it has just become one of my favourites!
5 stars, Lukavi!!!
kravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
too bad for CGTalk, but I do wonder why you left them. Was it something they might have said.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
neolith
h4xx0r

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Do your best to win this if you want CGTalk to be sorry

Quote:
something wrongI think
neolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
Lukavi

Send a message via AIM to Lukavi Send a message via MSN to Lukavi Send a message via Yahoo to Lukavi
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''Cybergirl Windy'' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
Hey guys thanks for the welcome, So far I had to kind of just take the ideas I thought worked because I wasnt getting any crits on what i had at the other place. As for poly count Im budgeting 5500-6000 for the knight 2000-2500 for the horse and 500 for the weapon so it should all work out. I also thought doing a horse would be more challenging since not to many people are doing mounted entries.
Old 26-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #8
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
hey lukavi and welcome great to have you with us, and superb concept work! I have to say I love the floating disk idea, but also agree that there isnt many mounted entries coming out so far, either way it look like its gonna be a good'un
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 02:00 AM   #9
stalsby

Send a message via AIM to stalsby
nice and clean!
Old 27-02-2008, 05:24 AM   #10
Lukavi

Awards Showcase
Thanks L3XICON and stalsby, yes I would probably liked to have stuck with the floating platform idea. It certainly would have been a lot less work! I wish I was posting here from the start, you guys input would have definitely been useful before I got this far.

I got to a point where I can call the blockout finished for now, Id still like comments and critiques if you see something you think I may have overlooked. I changed the boots because I didnt really like the old ones, I added the gauntlets, arms, and a belt. I also lengthened his legs a bit, I felt he was looking a tad bit stumpy before. Ive been working on the horse on and off while Ive been doing this so Ill start posting progress on that soon.

Old 27-02-2008, 05:41 AM   #11
surgeincy

Moving right along on him. I dig the horns
surgeincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #12
Liquor

good,I waiting for your horse.will you do it?
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 08:05 AM   #13
Opul

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
This is just ace!

Looks brilliant Lukavi, I can't believe how fast some people work around here! It's just insane sometimes, I'm still trying to figure out a decent conept without looking the same as some other entries.

Keep going matey.
Opul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2008, 11:38 AM   #14
Rych
Master swordsman

Send a message via AIM to Rych
Awards Showcase
That last action shot you have him on the horse is just amazing!! If you can pull that off it will look sweet!!

Man you blocked that out quick he looks amazing already! Now just throw a quick texture on him and you win!!

baron
Old 27-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #15
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
yup. i agree. really cool design.