>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Realtime/Low poly art

Old 17-02-2010, 04:41 AM   #61
Raul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
Thanx a lot guys!

Well, i got started with my low poly, the limit for this puppy is 3k..so ill be posting later with some pics.

Last edited by Raul; 17-02-2010 at 07:26 AM..
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 02:10 AM   #62
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
thats one great looking pistol. really liking the attention to detail.
E4sY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #63
Raul

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Here is another high poly prop im trying to finish.

new base mesh for the cushions

and bout 30 min of sketching, cuz i was itching to see if my base meshes work.

Old 23-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #64
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
this chair is coming out great. the details r really popping in zbrush. can't wait to see the low poly. quick question. in your experience is there a difference in the quality of the normal rather u project it on the low poly versus using z mapper to do it?
E4sY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #65
NinthJake
The Ninth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool design for 3DTotal website 
Total Awards: 3
The chair has a very Bioshock sort of feeling around it. I really like it
NinthJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #66
Raul

Awards Showcase
e4sy - yep. using zmapper is cool and fast. But for casting normals unto my final triangulated low poly. max is the best choice, in my opinion.
Old 23-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #67
PONRHartman

wow! i love it x 3! its looks really nice so far, its reminding me of sweeny tod

Goku
PONRHartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #68
Raul

Awards Showcase
Yo dudes, here is something ive been working on lately. Trying to finish it off so i can move to make low polies of the last 3 assests i created ( including this one )

Any suggestions and feedback is welcome.

Here is the finished barber's chair high poly

Last edited by Raul; 12-03-2010 at 11:22 PM..
Old 13-03-2010, 04:35 AM   #69
pogimonz
mango smoothie!

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 3
Raul! lovin the barber chair man... I really like the cushion, that's difficult to do..

and boooh!! I thought we were supposed to do the scooters together, tsk tsk.. I think I might just make one now..

great job buddie! keep it up..
pogimonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #70
Raul

Awards Showcase
thanx dude!! Well, im gonna be doing the low poly of the other two things. So if you are still down, make a scooter high poly and ill catch up with u you!
Old 15-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #71
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
OMG that's chair and motorcycle are amazing! Just beautifully modelled, I love it
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #72
Raul

Awards Showcase
Currently working on the low poly gun, and barber chair. There is still some overcasting of pieces in my normal map since im still working on my gun low poly. Right now im using marmoset to preview my normals in a game engine to see how they are working with the low poly

high poly beuty render

Wireframes

and marmoset render

Last edited by Raul; 25-04-2010 at 08:12 PM..
Old 25-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #73
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Send a message via ICQ to Zlatovous Send a message via MSN to Zlatovous
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 
Total Awards: 7
Crazy dude, just crazy. How big is your texture sheet? 1024x1024?

Any scultping or pure subd?

Really looking forward for the rest of the textures
Old 25-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #74
Raul

Awards Showcase
Thank you Zlatovous!

sculpting is for wimps! lol jk. No, its all subd modeling done in softimage. And right now its got a 2048x2048 map on it with really crappy uvs as they keep getting destroyed since im still working on things. Finding some time to work on the barber's chair.
Old 25-04-2010, 11:48 PM   #75
Oniram

Send a message via AIM to Oniram Send a message via MSN to Oniram
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
that gun looks AMAZING!
Oniram is offline   Reply With Quote