>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge

Old 12-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
AlucardAssassin

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Ultimate Defense-AlucardAssassin

Just a placeholder for now...will start work soon

Thinking along the lines of a sentry robot/turret. If that fails, will probably go with a wall
AlucardAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
AlucardAssassin

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Upppdddatte!

Have begun sculpting....and I am currently debating whether to sculpt or hard-surface the mechanical bits. I'm leaning towards modeling....but I want to know what you guys think. All thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 15-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
Darchand

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus 
Total Awards: 4
Well I have been playing with the hard surface sculpting in zbrush. It is great but! It might be a little difficult to bring down to low poly depending on how detailed you go and how many little bits and pieces you put in.
Old 15-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
AlucardAssassin

Awards Showcase
Thanks for that, but I find Zbrush hard-surface rather difficult. Plus I'm bad at it! But yeah, I'm thinking just plain old hard-surface modeling. I need practice with that anyways.

Edit: I have come up with a name....it shall be christened the Fortified Artillery Tank Mech, or Fatman.

Last edited by AlucardAssassin; 15-08-2011 at 11:29 PM..
Old 16-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #5
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
what that in the middle? it looks interesting.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
AlucardAssassin

Awards Showcase
That in the middle is the organic, or 'bio', part of the biomechanical combat system that is Fatman.
Old 17-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 7
nice name for Fatman.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2011, 03:26 AM   #8
E4sY
aka E4sY_506 (xbox live)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
If you use the clipping brushes in zbrush and a bit of the trim dynamic brush you can get some pretty good results as far as hardsurface.
E4sY is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatE4sY! Thank you:
AlucardAssassin (22-08-2011)