>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 06-08-2005, 12:54 PM   #76
FOL

thanks for the warm welcome. i hope i get good enough to post some work.
FOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:02 PM   #77
insane paranoid

thanx

thank you INSPIRED. ill check the other threads out.
insane paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2005, 02:41 PM   #78
arTy

Hello everybody, i've joined a few weeks ago but i descovered this thread first today.

so.. i'm a 17 year old from vienna
and computers are my passion. it started all as i learned programming in c#
i have always been interested in writing games, so i learned DirectX too. i bacame more interested in cg.. then i discovered 3ds max
im learning everything by myself

i'm planning to visit a good cg school in 2 years and maybe work for the film industy, or as a "freelancer"

i really like this forum, lots of gifted people here!
regards arty
arTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:31 AM   #79
Abdullah NASHER

Hi coco ones
Abdullah NASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:44 AM   #80
Nukie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Well, I registered to this forum a few weeks ago. before that I sometimes fisited it to look for answers on the questions I had. Most of the time I could find my answer . Besides that I'm a daily visitor of the homepage of 3d total.

My name is Martin, i'm 22 years old from Holland and studying Communication and Multimedia Design. I have been busy with 3d for 1,5 years now maybe but I'm not realy good in it because I don't have the time to work with it fulltime .

I don't know if I will be a regular poster on the forums, but I found It helpfull enough to register myself here so we will see where the trip ends .

Regards.
Nukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #81
3Dan

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Hello everyone!
I am back and i think i will hang around for a while...
Looking for old friends, finding lots of new faces.

<edit> hey, 2600 posts! I asked many questions, but gave many answers too...
Old 15-09-2005, 08:25 PM   #82
Knut
The Dark One

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
welcome tobacko!
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2005, 01:16 AM   #83
3Dan

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Thanks Knute.
Long time no irc.
Old 16-09-2005, 09:33 PM   #84
Knut
The Dark One

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
Yeah, I can't access it anymore, I've only been able to during holidays since they have closed it for use on the army internet providers. Oh well.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2005, 01:14 AM   #85
Lighter

Hey folks

I'm new here so I thought I'd say hey!

A little bit about me:

I'm 20, living in Colorado, studying to earn a degree in Multimedia/Graphic Design, but since last year when my roommate demonstrated the basics of Maya to me on his system, I've been contemplating making a shift in my scholastic focus. That I've had a year to think doesn't mean that I've got a year of experience in 3D, mind you. I actually haven't done anything in 3D in about the entirety of that year up until last night, when I rediscovered Maya and made my way back to the s. I used to come here quite a bit to get ideas and learn new things about the media.

I'm not particularly good, and my knowledge of Maya might be spotty (I "can" be a decent modeller sometimes, U/V maps can sometimes come out "alright", etc...), and I take too long to get anything done. Oh well. I also may be interested in trying out new programs. I had thought about a 'switch' to 3D Studio, but I really didn't click with that one, but Cinema 4D definetely caught my eye. At the moment, I'm still using my roommate's copy of Maya but as it stands, I'm going to be poking around here doing research on the pros and cons of the programs to see which to invest in.

As for now, I'll try to join discussions (I tend to be more of a lurker, less of a discusser) and maybe put up works in progress and get some tips.
Lighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 04:37 AM   #86
London

Hello guys, I've been looking online for the right 3D forum to join, one thing I wanted was a forum that is busy where I'm sure to get my questions answered, this looks like it might be the only forum I need, I hope so.

I'm a newbie to 3D, I'm a second year BSc Web Technology student and currently studying 3D animation, I don't know anything about 3D, we've had a couple of lessons but I know to excel I would need outisde help so here I am.

I hope you guys won't mind my questions, I'll be asking a lot, like do I really need a book? I can't afford one but if you guys recommend it I'd find the money to buy one.

Thanks and I'd be looking for some beginners tutorial, feel free to show some links if it ain't too much to ask. I'm using 3D max 7.

Thanks.
London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #87
agony

Send a message via MSN to agony
welcom to this forum London, and if serach the forums u will find a very usefull links and tuts..and always if u didn't find what u want create a new thread.
Old 13-11-2005, 05:08 AM   #88
manhattan
Registered Loser

hey all,
been visiting 3D Total and Threedy Forums for a while now & thought i should make my presence known. Looks like a great forum with much information and a great many lovely people, im sure ill enjoy it here

A little about me...
im a 3rd year computer aided product design student based in cardiff, uk. Am currently using IDEAS (which i have come to dislike over the last few years) and Alias StudioTools (which i am still only a newbie in but seems great).

When im not designing i enjoy dj-ing and producing music.

Pleased to meet you all..........and a very good day
manhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #89
Stargazy
Still learning ...

Hi everybody,

I now visiting this forum for a while and was exited about the fantastic work.

I'm really a beginner in 3d modeling. I'm working with Cinema 4D and mainly with Bryce (which has only a few modeling options but textures are easy to handle - especially for a beginner). I was exited about the speed modeling challenge and I will try to participate regulary.

I try to follow the discussions and hope to learn a lot.

Thanks.
Stargazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2005, 12:32 AM   #90
DrSnake
Musician / Modeller

Send a message via MSN to DrSnake Send a message via Yahoo to DrSnake
Hello,

I am new to this forum, since i started last weekend on modelling .
anyway i would like to introduce myself,

my name is Raynold van Heyninge, am 17 years old and living in the Netherlands.
i hope i can learn alot on this forum and have much fun.

Cya all around
DrSnake is offline   Reply With Quote