>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 19-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #16
mix_mash

It's needs more something. It looks a bit plain.

Paul
(mix_mash)
mix_mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 01:44 AM   #17
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 1
washka - Thanks! Ya know I still havnt gotten around to watching that show yet
SnappedStrings - Thank you! Its pretty funny you say that as it was my unfinished entry for DW4 lol. It was a Fire Demon Lord, with a disgusting back end where lava oozed out. Problem was it looked like it would move ridiculously slow and I ended up dropping it =/
Warlock - Thanks, I am going to play around with adding some more, taking some away ect ect. This coming week I will push it alot more.
mix_mash - I agree. Hopefully the final idea will be much more interesting!

Thanks again guys!
GregStrangis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 03:38 AM   #18
miclepickle

Send a message via AIM to miclepickle
reminds me of this

also, you might wanna check out some other concepts from Warhammer... especially Beasts of Nurgle...

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
miclepickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #19
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
mic - I love that creature from the cinematic! I have some reference of Nurgle's in my folder but this will be different as he wont be a naked fat creature.

The final concept is coming soon so you guys will understand where I want to go with it. Can't wait to finish and start working in 3D.
Old 22-03-2011, 01:43 AM   #20
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Digging the sil. Glottony is going to be a great theme to explore, so many fantastic visual motif's to use, can't wait to see the direction you start heading in.

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #21
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
Thanks Puck! Def looking forward to your entry =)

Well here is where I will stop for now with the concept and start in 3D, some things will probably change, not sold on his belt as of right now and still not 100 on the head but ill explore it further in 3D. I will get the story and my reference sheets up today as well.

His name is Gorloch The God of Gluttony and Destruction

To explain a bit of his design, the serpent demons coming from the side are attached to his back, they lash outwards and expel a gas that gives this tub of lard the ability to "float" or glide. Since his legs have become to weak to support his body weight anymore this is his only means of transportation now.

I am still working out the design of his Godly weapon, right now I am leaning towards a double picked scythe, something that can hook and rip through other Gods and pull them towards him. For right now tho I just want to start blocking out all his parts and take it from there.

And please don't mind my cruddy concepting skills

Enjoy
Attached Images

GreatGregStrangis! Thank you:
DaddyDoom (23-03-2011)
Old 22-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #22
gordon-v

!!!

looks sick dude!
you are really makin me join this here, are you!
Old 22-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #23
miclepickle

Send a message via AIM to miclepickle
nice... the armor looks like warhammer goblins armor

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
miclepickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #24
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Badass!!!!

Keep it up!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #25
chindian

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Nice man... I like how the concept is developing... but i feel like he's still not quite fat enough... and his mouth should be bigger maybe? To kinda show more of that gluttony character... maybe have like bits of food hanging around him... a McDonald's tattoo.... lol. I dunno - just some other details to help sell the character.
But I like the general direction you're goin in so far man!

Or join my Facebook blog
chindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 12:15 AM   #26
mix_mash

Much better!

Paul
(mix_mash)
mix_mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 05:01 AM   #27
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
nice concept man. it has character.
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 02:36 AM   #28
dustinbrown

Excellent Greg! Very Baron Harkonnen meets the Angel of Death from Hellboy 2. It may sound dorky, but something that really helped me was creating a short back story. Once I did that, visual details fell into place much more easily because I had constraints to work within.
Old 25-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #29
Puckducker
Da blue bus is calling us

Send a message via MSN to Puckducker
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
I like it, fits your themes well. How are you thinking the back/side piece is going to hook up to your main body?

CURRENT WIP:
DW5-3D-Götterdämmerung -Puckducker

LATEST COMPLETED PROJECT:
DWIV - 3D - Puckducker - Dark Matter
Puckducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #30
koyima

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
I like this guy, reminds me of Imrod.
koyima is offline   Reply With Quote