>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 15-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #16
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
I can see what they're saying about it looking a little impish. Perhaps, something of a beard, and maybe give him a staff, those both seem to be "godly" traits. Sculpt looks good so far.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #17
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up 
Total Awards: 8
A bushy (lol) beard would look awesome on this concept.
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #18
Whitewidow

Send a message via MSN to Whitewidow
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Just picked up on the posts in this thread and it got me thinking about what you said regarding scale BigToe. This is the one thing I'm finding hard to get a handle on. It seems easier to add scale to a male character as you can exagerate features a bit more but with a woman it seems more difficult. Any suggestions of how this can be achieved or can you think of other ways to make a character godlike without scale?

DW5 WIP: 3D - Sala - Goddess of Temptation
Whitewidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #19
MrFunk

Send a message via ICQ to MrFunk
Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
well...we can clearly see now that everyone has totally different perceptions of a god. i for example just can't see a forest god being huge for me such a god should be much smaller( being a giant and living in a forest kinda doesn't work out for me^^) and look somewhat peaceful. and that's the direction i'm trying to follow

time for an update. made a new head and sculpted some wood there's still so much to do and the time's running
Attached Images

MrFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 12:38 AM   #20
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Looks good, I like.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 03:28 AM   #21
capitan_popo
3d junkie

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature 
loving that model!
Old 27-04-2011, 05:23 AM   #22
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up 
Total Awards: 8
I don't think that Scale is what defines a god. Though it is probably the easiest thing to push. The really difficult thing with this DW is making the it look like a God not a follower. I think your heading in the right direction though I really love his face. I definitely think you are heading in the right direction.
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 03:11 AM   #23
scott242

Looking really good...I love the birds just hanging out on him. I also think the scale is perfect, btw...
scott242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #24
MrFunk

Send a message via ICQ to MrFunk
Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
i'm glad you like it guys

been playing around with skin details and did a small turntable gif

Last edited by MrFunk; 29-04-2011 at 08:36 AM..
MrFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #25
Pockets
The Common Karl

nice sculpt! looking great, but in the future slow down the turntable a bit!
the only thing im not really sure of is the placement of the logo, it doesnt feel like it fits with the model as is.
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #26
MemoNick

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Wow, awesome details. Love the hands.
MemoNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #27
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
very nice indeed, keep it up

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #28
dark_maggot
Carlos Venegas 3D Modeler

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reache Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 2
Really nice.
dark_maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #29
Dim

This looks great! Would love to the the wood integrated into the skin a little better though.
Dim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #30
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Love the detailing so far! The bark looks great!
GregStrangis is offline   Reply With Quote