>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > The All New Speed Modelling Challenges

Old 29-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #16
Spyrous13

Thank you very much Svinkels for your comment. I didnt have the time so far but from now on i will participate! BTW and your logo it's cool! Olympique de Marseille!!

Last edited by Spyrous13; 30-09-2014 at 04:27 PM..
Spyrous13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 04:09 AM   #17
xcessi
Michael

Send a message via Yahoo to xcessi
Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
Haven't posted anything in a while..
Quick attempt at this week's challenge...

WIP: Motorola C385
Honourable Mention: Bathub, Alloy Wheel, Playground
Runner up: Mug

Last edited by xcessi; 30-09-2014 at 04:16 AM.. Reason: Upload correct images
xcessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #18
lefevre ludovic

Thank you for this advice mcFly and nice work...You're right i should have worked on separate mesh, and it would have been more easy, also for subdivision modifier. It was an attempt. But i also could have used photoshop to modify it, it won't have took much time, a little hand tool there and there. But i didn't know if it was considered as cheat...So it is only a render in blender, and photoshop was only used to crop the image...gimp would have fit as well....

next time i will follow this advice and set a modifier, I just made a little try on separate mesh with modifier, and it is by far better... 10 days are still left, i probably made another one with these technique...

May i ask you what modifier you prefer to use?

But thank you, in fact many thanks, that is exactly the kind of advice i am looking for... And next time, i will follow it for sure

Last edited by lefevre ludovic; 30-09-2014 at 03:01 PM..
lefevre ludovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #19
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
I pretty much always apply a Subdivision modifier to have nice rounded edges / shapes. However for that to work well you have to have a good topology and strategically placed supporting edges. Don't hesitate to start your own thread in the Inorganic or Organic sections and post your WIPs there. That's where people help each other.

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #20
Spyrous13

Hello once again! i have finished one more logo from England but now it's turn of Swansea FC. This logo take me 75mins. The software that i use was 3D Max, render with V-Ray and CS Photoshop

I spend 75mins:
Modelling 25mins, Render 35mins, Photoshop 15mins

Here is the logo:
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #21
lefevre ludovic

Smile Raven Logo

I really love the way to enhance logo like you did spyrous without extruding... I was thinking of doing it with the miami dolphins...

But i wanted to try what you told and learned me Mc Fly. And i am quite satisfied even i have probably used a too high level subdiv modifier in render... More than 12000000 polys, a little bit exagerated... But it was a try and level 6 was probably too much.

This extruded logo is not really hard to do and didn't take much time... One hour, but i have made some try. I used blender, and a little bit photoshop for some compositing, pass with an indirect lighting effect (1 hour to render this pass with a sphere as an emitter) and pass with AO and flat pass. But it was a short time to compose it in photoshop, 5 mn and a level adjustement

So thanks for all these advices, i will look and ask in the W.I.P section next time. It is another great advice. So for wireframe, as i have not used a single mesh this time, i use the wireframe modifier, it is not easy to see everything, but all the wireframe can be seen... So no longer talking, i will show it to you now.

I don't really know US football(except the superbowl, that i follow each year). But i do like ravens, the birds... I would have prefered to make a nascar logo as i am a huge fan (go kyle busch... but that's no matter at all, but yes we also follow NASCAR in france with pat & phil)...
Attached Images

Last edited by lefevre ludovic; 02-10-2014 at 12:06 PM..
Old 02-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #22
Spyrous13

Thank you Lefevre Ludovic for your comment and i would like to say that is a very good try the next one! And of course the first! The result of the of the render is great! and you did it with layers. Also you can give a little bit angle to the camera to make it more live!

In another way seperate from the contest you can use illustrator. Make it black and then export to .eps! After that you can extrude it

Last edited by Spyrous13; 02-10-2014 at 12:25 PM..
Old 02-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #23
lefevre ludovic

thank you spyrous. To be honest i have put a very little angle to the camera, but with too much, there was a black part that we couldn't see anymore. But i think i should have modify a little the mesh to do it so. Because i do agree with you, more angle could have been interesting...

I will give a try to this illustrator technique. Usually i use it to make drawing that can be sizeable to infinite. But i didn't take much time in testing extrude or thing like that.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #24
xcessi
Michael

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Another attempt...

Old 03-10-2014, 02:03 PM   #25
lefevre ludovic

xcessi, i really like what you done with charlotte, the relection are really great, and the whole concept is great too... Italia was good, but a simple mesh, this one looks really cool!
Old 04-10-2014, 04:11 AM   #26
xcessi
Michael

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefevre ludovic View Post
xcessi, i really like what you done with charlotte, the relection are really great, and the whole concept is great too... Italia was good, but a simple mesh, this one looks really cool!
Thanks..
Hopefully, I'll get to try another one before the time expires.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #27
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
the modelling on that ball is perfect well done
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #28
Spyrous13

Hello to all once again! Very nice logo xcessi !!! So it's time to present my favorite team...Panathinaikos from Greece. The software are: 3D Max render with Vray and CS Photoshop.

I spend 55mins:
Modelling 20mins, Render 20mins, Photoshop 15mins
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2014, 03:43 AM   #29
xcessi
Michael

Awards Showcase
Thank you guys..

Old 10-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #30
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
superb entries guys, but have another week on me
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote