>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 12-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #211
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

edit: no cut off date to jump in. So get some rest, do more lesbian research, get you an energy drink and start back up when your ready.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day

Last edited by BiG ToE-3DT; 12-04-2009 at 06:59 PM..
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #212
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Question Big ToE 3DT!

Can we have other forums logo's somewhere on our finished piece. Hear me out; I think I'm on to something.

When I'm finished (if my poly count would allow it), I was thinking of putting a Polycount logo on a vehicle I had previously done, and then tearing it up and putting the pieces strewn around the base of my guy. The effect would be that he just tore the hell up a Polycount Robot I was also tossing ideas back and forth with DaBruce, and we decided it would be cool if his character had a necklace with some of the other logos on it - y'know, like how headhunters have necklaces of ears from the people they kill?

Is using other forums logos' allowed? And if no one's ever done it before, I call DIBS on the idea for Team Threedy!

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #213
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
theres nothing wrong with it, you just need to make sure everyone looking at your entry still knows what team your fighting for.

My Dom War 2 entry was like that. I had the logos from all the other forums as graffiti on the walls and street signs behind my robot, with bullet holes and stuff in them. Hard to see from the angle, but yeah. Go for it.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 12-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #214
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Sweet thanks! That's bad news for Polycount - I hate that green smiley face SOOOO MUCH....

<irony

Old 13-04-2009, 04:30 AM   #215
spartan118
Lookn 4 professional work

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Awsome idea Vinsanity, think i'ma tearup some cgsociety demon lords, bl oody basterds always think there the best. We gona show who's really dominating in this war.

Go ThrEEdy

You can help support the project here

CURRENT RIG:
Intel Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, ATI RADEON 2GB GDDR5.
spartan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #216
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Thanks Spartan118.

Y'know what, I already posted 'em on my WIP thread, but if anyone else wants a piece of Polycount or GameArtisans PERSONALLY, here are their logos:

You won't be smiling for long*

That's all I need, so you'll have to troll the other sites yourselves for the high res logos. I strongly encourage as many people as possible to utilize the damn Polycount smiley in the most negative way possible

Go Team Threedy!

Last edited by VinsanityV20; 13-04-2009 at 05:57 AM..
Old 13-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #217
moririn

hey "TOE" couldnt find the 3dtotal link on the war site...am i high? man the site is such a maze...with soo many damn colors!! i love threedy.. blue n white is just fine
moririn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #218
moririn

found it..finally
qstn;does the title refer to the name of my character?
moririn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #219
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
yes. The title is the name your character.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 14-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #220
juhone

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Hi y'all! I was wondering if it's legal to have multiple uv sets? For example 1 uv set for normals where none of the polygons are mirrored and overlapped and 1 for diffuse with mirroring. I'm asking this just because I haven't yet decided where I'll render my character. Mirrored uvs work in Unreal, but in XSI I just can't get mirrored normals working.
juhone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #221
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
I'd be suprised if it was a problem having different UV's channels used (its very common in game engines) but that would be for the mods to say I guess. one thing though, having diffuse and normals on different UV's and therefore different pixel densities, could give some strange results... with such high res texture space though, hopefully it wouldnt be a problem
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #222
Lukavi

Send a message via AIM to Lukavi Send a message via MSN to Lukavi Send a message via Yahoo to Lukavi
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''Cybergirl Windy'' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 4
Damn thats a really good question, so, is there an answer for it?
Old 14-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #223
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
well the rules say to keep everything on one map. The idea behind this is so that it will be easier to show in the end. If your maps don't match up, people will think you cheated on this step. But I will check just to be sure.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 14-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #224
Lukavi

Send a message via AIM to Lukavi Send a message via MSN to Lukavi Send a message via Yahoo to Lukavi
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''Cybergirl Windy'' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 4
Well everything would be on one map... its just that say, your UV layout on your Normal texture wouldn't look the same as the UV layout on your Diffuse texture. So "technically" it isn't breaking any rules unless we really have to have identical layouts for each texture. Thanks for looking into this!
Old 14-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #225
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
ok, just got word, it's fine. go for it.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life