>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 21-03-2009, 12:49 AM   #121
MarioC

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
for example if i have an armor it would be more appropriated(in mental ray) an arch&design shader, while for the skin the skin shader
i simply ask because the fast skin shader hasn't an opacity slot, and i'd need it for some part of the character
MarioC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 01:37 AM   #122
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
as long as you use the same texture sheet, you will be fine.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #123
The1Walker
The1Walker

This will be my first DW & my first forum actually. I'm gonna throw down for the 2-D section. Any help at all is much appreciated.
The1Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 03:08 AM   #124
truonggiang

When DWIV post image time ended.
Old 21-03-2009, 04:06 AM   #125
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
the deadline is May 11th. But you should make a wip thread as soon as possible.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 21-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #126
katana

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I hope this wasn't asked, but why aren't there any thumbnails posted? It would make it easier to identify all the threads...there are so many.
katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #127
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
they are working on it. Not sure why it wasn't setup a month before the comp was supposed to start, but hey, as long as we win, 3 in a row.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 21-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #128
kravo

Send a message via MSN to kravo
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Dear Comrades, I'd like to grab the opportunity and greet myself, as this is
my 100th post!
it's nice to be a part of Threedy community
thank you thank you thank you
kravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #129
spartan118
Lookn 4 professional work

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Maybe 3dt sould think of making a special thread were we can all just share tips and chip tricks to help each other out, especially on the 3d side.
Just a suggestion
spartan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #130
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Just reached my 100th post as well.
Old 23-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #131
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Question about magic...

Are the Magic types set in stone or can they be more 'fluid'. Example Dark/Death, Fire/Lava, Cold/Ice etc.

Reason I ask is it says the stalkers magic is an item designed to aid them in stealth or assassination, well that means that it is Dark/Death magic based... So my question is do we have to do the magic type listed?

Because I like the idea of Luck based magic. Good for my boys, bad for them. Would that be an appropriate magic to base an item on, or does it have to stay in the stated elemental range?
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #132
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
the magic listed, is just a starting point. So, as long as you explain what your magic is, how it works, you will be fine.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 23-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #133
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Total Awards: 4
Good enough for me, my boys now have a 'lucky penny'.
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2009, 04:05 AM   #134
mmsharish
Harish3DE

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
3d total team

can i join the3D Total team . please...
How can i join it..
i also want to participate in this challenge. awaiting reply..thanks
best regards.
Old 24-03-2009, 05:36 AM   #135
discmage

Awards Showcase
Is there a place where we can get a good version of the dominance war logo, or are you people just ripping it from the main website somewhere?