>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR

Old 18-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
spartan118
Lookn 4 professional work

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Avatar - spartan118 - 2d - At Journey's End

Hello to everyone

My name is martin kalimukwa, i live in a little country called zambia just check the world map and you'll find it, this
is first time ive everjoined any art society or whatever you call it, and this is my first competion, i'm a
3d and 2d arist. I like Modeling and painting girls and women so my avater is a female character ive decided to use photoshop.
I wanted to create somthing different from the stuff we usually see but as we all know originality is as hard to find as that
4 leafed clover that summons a lepricon to grant you your greatest wishes, and so i started doin some sketches and came up
with a story that I am Currently proud of though i might change it a bit later.

The Story: At Journey's End
In a very distant plane of existance there was a planet called arcanowm. It once bared the greatest and most powerful
ligion in existance. They ruled for ions and in that time there was no sufferin no blood shed or death. all lived eternaly
But good things always come to an end as one of the higher archs who ruled over arcanowm's sister planet aria was
ovwerwhelmed by an insane desire for power and he started what he called a rebellion for freedom from ligions of
arkanowm. The war raged for centuries and spread to other parts of their univers until at one point the ligion
of arcanowm was on the edge of complete destruction, the rest of the higher archs knew if they let the betrayer
attain complete power, all would be lost for their people and the univers aswell, and so they decided to make the
ultimate sucrifice, as the highest arch read from the book of ages (he read as follows - in the the days of the greatest
ion 7 higher archs gave their power, gave their souls and gave their very lives to summon Athair Ria the godess of
war and piece to save our world from complete destruction She enterd our world inside the womb of the chosen woman
who laid at the center of halls of sucrifice and the woman took care of the child until she was matured and had power to
defeat the armies of the enemy and so she cleansed the lands of all evil and ascended into the bridge of Soradora so she could
return to the heavens once again) and the highest arch said my fellow archs we are all that remains of the 16 archs of
arcanowm the time has come again for us to lay down our lives for the sake of our people only one of us will remain, and
they all decided that the highest would remain and guide the godess and her mother and so the great sucrifices were made and
evil was defeated once again, and after Athair Ria stood in the midst of the greatest city in all existance and all bowed down
to her feet and she said i have reached the end of my journey, and her beloved sister asked if they would ever see her again
and she said with a bitter voice No as she moved forward towards the highest arch and said, all the archs of arcanowm are
dead and only a coward who would sucrifice the lives of his fellow man is left to guide the pour souls of your people,
and she said to him you are no arch and she plunged her sword into his heart as a great number of people looked in fear and
she looked her sister in the eye and said Time is not long for this Place, BUT LET HOPE ALWAYS HAVE A PLACE. And she
ascended into stars once again and faded into the bridge of soradora. And she returned to the heavens forever.

Well Athair Ria is supposed to be the godess war and piece (the name was the title of a fav song of mine i have no idea
what it means but hey it sounds cool) but as displayed at the end of the story even good gods can be bad somtimes, the
archs of arcaknowm were the gurdians of the unviverse but as spidey's uncle always said with great power comes great
responsibility i'm sure they watched the spider man movie so they didnt take those words to heart and now there all dead
the first 7 died in the days of greatest ion and the other 7 died recently witch left only the evil arch and the highest arch
who both died shortly after, and finaly the bridge of soradora is to us the sun but to them a bridge into the realm of gods.
I imagine that since both athair and the archs are gone (even though there is piece now) this universe is going to hell.

Here are some sketches i made for the avater and some wip shots comments and critics are always welcome.
Attached Images

Last edited by spartan118; 03-12-2009 at 06:27 AM..
spartan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Okey this is what i have so far decided to makE my avater fall into the sun, i'm not sure what to do with the skin wether to
keep it human or to go back to creepy pale looking skin, i'l probably change the markings on her body and do somthing that
looks a lot cooler when i start puting some detail into the skin and i want her hair to look like its catchin fire.
painting stars and planets is more interesting than i thought i want to put a lot more detail into the stars and planets
in the final image. There's still a lot of work to be done but i guess i'll be finished within a week or 2. I'm thinking
about breaking 1 of the planets in half what do you think. comments and advice IS WELCOME.
Old 19-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Interesting. I like... The stars are pretty awsome.
miycko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Here's an update. Ive added some more detail into the face, and done some of the armor, ive decided to make this a very
bright picture since most of the other entries are dark, wich generally looks better and though i dont like very colourful
pictures i'll give it a shot, in this universe the sun is called the bridge of soriandora witch is a gateway to another
univers. its gona glow a really bright white.
Attached Images

Old 21-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #5
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Update.
Attached Images

Old 21-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #6
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Finally done with the background. Now just a few final adjustments with the character.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Okey This avater has turned me out started on this one 2 days ago here are some sketches and wips, although i might not finish it but i can always hope.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
spartan118

Awards Showcase
The image keeps changing as i think up the story so the final image will probably be different from the initial sketch. Wips comin soon
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2009, 06:39 AM   #9
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Here's the original sketch and some more WIP's.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #10
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Wip
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2009, 07:11 AM   #11
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Still a few things left to do hope ill finish in time. still got to work on that WIP sheet though, got to rush rush rush.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #12
spartan118

Awards Showcase
My tablets acting up, it looks like im finishing with my mouse.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #13
Jibberwocky

Wow, man. I like this second composition so much more. The stylized look the cloak has is awesome, the background has great depth, and the figure's pose is cool. Good luck!
Jibberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #14
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Thanks jibberwocky, i just hope i'll be done in time.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #15
spartan118

Awards Showcase
Almost done just adding the finishing touches and working on the wip sheet here's the new story.

Reclamer: IN THE END OF TIME.

This is the story of the end of time, told in the words of the people of the last world.

She is the avatar of light, the avatar of darkness, the avatar of the begin and the avatar of the end. There is nothin livin that knows of the origin of the creature that created all of Existance. We only know that before
her light there was darkness, she once gave hope to everything she touched or even looked at and in the eon's that first passed she lived among the people of the last world but when she ascended our great piece came to an end. Great eon's have passed since the creator left and now the prophecies written in the books of ages are finally coming to pass. She has moved from world to world and reclaimed her great light, we are now all that is left. we now know our time is short for we have once again seen the creator as she was reclaiming the light of our world. the time of begings has passed the time of the end has come, everything will now return to Void darknass.

And all Existance faded into nothing.

I'll post the final image real soon.