>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 04-02-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
arshlevon

Arshlevon - Dominance War

lets do this thing..

=====latest update=====
feb 22nd.. started the arms
just started blocking in the arms.. hopefully will have the whole model roughed in by next week so i can start on the final highpoly.

feb 19th..head and torso update

little update, nailing all those forms down..

feb 16th.. RAPID PROTOTYPE

okay this is not a start on the final model.. i am no concept artist and i am tired of fighting with it..so i thought i would try and make the concept in 3d.. with mudbox i can easily make changes and try new forms out and know exactly what it looks like in 3d . i plan on bringing the RP model up to 100% then retopologize using cyslice or perhaps the toptogun beta, i haven't tried it yet.. then use that model to bake my normal maps.

also i deleted all the old crap cause i feel it no longer represents my direction for this piece.

feb 12th..

so.... i think i am going with super sniper.. he has a sniper cannon that can hit crap from hundreds of miles away with pinpoint accuracy not that he needs it cause his gun blows a road sized path through anything in its way. the base will be him walking through a charred path of earth he just blew through. also he gun has super bendy lazer technology so it can curve with the surface of the planet.. it has to be calibrated to the specific planet he is on though..

okay with that said i changed up the head and added several super scope 6's to his head so he can aim that crap, even thought its pretty much useless because i am sure this sort of thing would have to aim with gps.

i am pretty sure this is the final direction i am going, from here on out i will just spend time rendering the concept so it looks nice and not all messy.. then on to the modeling.

Last edited by arshlevon; 22-02-2007 at 05:58 PM..
arshlevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
Kalango
Freelacer berseker >_>

Nice to have you with us.....remember...you are mechanical now!
Good luck dude....that the megazord(yeah its power rangers ) guide your way!
hehe good luck
Old 04-02-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
Skeptical Nate

A regular Benedict Arnold! You will hang for this!
Skeptical Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:09 AM   #4
arshlevon

hahha i can tell this is going to be one fun comp already.

nate i wouldnt really call me a benidict arnold, i was pushed out.
bring it on.

here is my first concept, a quick head design.. nothing finial but it shows the general direction i am looking at, a biomechanical shadow beast. need to nail down forms and put more thought into a body design. dont know how well the style will go over, trying something different, not so much a merging of biological matter and technology, but applying organic biological forms to that of a mechanical object. he runs off the blood of kittens, really cute ones.

more soon, i really need to finish some work! haha this contest is going to completely destroy my life! im so excited!

-------EDIT--------
moving all progress to first post.

Last edited by arshlevon; 05-02-2007 at 07:46 AM..
arshlevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:15 AM   #5
- FredH -

If you are looking for a reason why you left.. you can always say that you were still on the planet watching tv when the bomb went off. When you woke up, you were fused with mechanics (feel free to include a tv in your design)

Nice concept so far man. It's really starting to take form.

_FreD_
- FredH - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:20 AM   #6
Skeptical Nate

haha yea I dont really know what the situation was, I was just reacting on my emotions! Anyways man, concept looks awesome good luck!
Skeptical Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:30 AM   #7
arshlevon

haha nate it ws really nothing, just playing it up for the comp, now quitting being so nice and get back to polycount you greenback.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:47 AM   #8
Skullsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshlevon
he runs off the blood of kittens, really cute ones.

HAHAHA!

One of my shadow's specialties is hunting down and slaying traitors, i guess your head will dangle in her belt next to poop's!

Good luck, you're gonna need it!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:44 AM   #9
arshlevon

update at the top.. i will probably keep all my latest work up there to keep people from having to digg though the thread to see my progress.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:33 AM   #10
gavku
gavku

was wondering which team you were going to rep for.......sketch looks good so far, could probably make his lower limbs a bit stronger so he doesn't appear so top heavy...
gavku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:42 AM   #11
Ghosty!
Problematique

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
The head really reminds me of Zelda: Twighlight Princess
Ghosty! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #12
arshlevon

small update up top, still trying to nail down some arms, its not shown but i think i might give him 2 sets of them, maybe more.. this is just a small color treatment. hope to have some more fleshed out soon.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #13
Diabolos
Evil MAYA useR

Awards Showcase
Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation 
Total Awards: 3
nice start...

D,
With odd old ends stolen forth of holy writ,
And seem I a saint, when most I play the Devil."
- William Shakespeare

Diabolos' Windows Live Space [My Online Gallery] UPDATED: May 05, 2007
Diabolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:52 PM   #14
AzoiC
Sheep Master

Nice.. i really like how this piece is shaping out.. a real mean machine u got there!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:08 PM   #15
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
arshlevon: even though your oil flows green, it's still oil. If any of those polypunks mess with you, let me know, I have a Threedy Team standing by to take care of them. You will be lubricating body parts with their blood when this is over.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote