>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 07-02-2007, 01:41 AM   #1
biano3d

Send a message via MSN to biano3d
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: won the The Sculpting Challenge 16, creature of legends:dragons The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge  
Total Awards: 3
Biano 3d - Dominance War 2

update to final concept....
HAIL , sorry, but i dont have time to see the contest until now, i finish the final concept, put some color in, and start the modeling...in a few days start the mudbox work...
i like to thanks the guys who watch and like my others concepts, i realy like the FAT BOOT too, but thinking in the war, i need some boot more fast and deadly...

FOCHE- What´s up man? Good see you in the war, but i´m sorry to say, the ROBOT CLAN it´s gonna blow this war away,hehehe..good luck...abraço ae;;;

GRIDLINKED- Thanks a lot man for the tips, your works rules...

Last edited by biano3d; 24-02-2007 at 11:26 PM..
biano3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:47 AM   #2
V3N0M
Dawg of War

Send a message via Yahoo to V3N0M
Well, the arahnid looks cool to me, meaybe because it looks like waht I thought of first :P, the others are just too generic... the first one on the upper left is like a cross between a protos and a terran :P and the second one next to him looks like a pumped up Predator and the ninja has been done too many times... Just an idea, if you do go with the arachnid, those three lines on his chest could be ammo cartridge dispensers
We shall defend our forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the polys, we shall fight on the vertex channel, we shall fight in the riging and in the skining, we shall fight in the texture; we shall never surrender.

"<NyseriA> Things I've learned about war from videogames: If you find yourself mortally wounded by an enemy sniper be sure to let him know that he is a faggot."http://www.bash.org/
V3N0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:14 AM   #3
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
the spider dude really does own. as does the big guy.

war robots should be either really cool(spider) or cool and big enough to crush skulls like peanuts

looking forward to what ever design you decide to make
Old 07-02-2007, 02:36 AM   #4
Kalango
Freelacer berseker &gt;_&gt;

go for the 2nd one....it is powerfull!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:06 AM   #5
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
Hey Biano, cool sketches dude!

I would go with the big guy on the top. The spider is really nice too, but it seems to be a lot of mech spiders on this comp.

Keep it up man!

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:16 PM   #6
biano3d

Send a message via MSN to biano3d
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: won the The Sculpting Challenge 16, creature of legends:dragons The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge  
try just one more robot style, a fat guy this time, with big rocket launchers on hands...but i think i´m gonna finish the big guy, like pedro saids, all ready have a few spiders on the contest...maybe start the modeling tomorow

thanks for Venon, Kalango, tank[nl] and pedro for the tips...

Last edited by biano3d; 13-02-2007 at 04:02 PM..
biano3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #7
Oltskul
How you can fight?

Send a message via ICQ to Oltskul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
dohajzlu to husty

cooooool

little walking fort...nice

http://www.oltskul.com
Oltskul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #8
EvilKnight

Send a message via MSN to EvilKnight
I like the fat guy a lot!

Keep it up

Cheers!
Jonny
EvilKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #9
bb0x
Artificial Soundwave

Send a message via MSN to bb0x
the fatguy looks awesome....but it also looks kinda slow :P

i think maybe add some machine gun or something somewhere...because i presume the rockets arent so fast also...
Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 PM   #10
OnyxIdol
Geek and proud of it

Send a message via ICQ to OnyxIdol
That's for once an ungeneric concept, which I like very much.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:30 PM   #11
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
Hey this new concept is awesome!
I like it a lot!

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #12
Lord Rancid

Very cool....Love the inset ruby-crystal things....
Lord Rancid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #13
foche

Hey Fabiano. how are you?
Cool sketches!!
Its a pitty you are fighting in the oposite side, Im from cgsociety..hehe
Good Luck
Renato
foche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #14
Diabolos
Evil MAYA useR

Awards Showcase
Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation 
oh yessss, model this last one please.........

D,
With odd old ends stolen forth of holy writ,
And seem I a saint, when most I play the Devil."
- William Shakespeare

Diabolos' Windows Live Space [My Online Gallery] UPDATED: May 05, 2007
Diabolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:24 PM   #15
Buzzy
Quadcore

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Starlet thread was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DomWar4 work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: 'Bronze Age Barbarian' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge 
Total Awards: 11
rad concepts! Definately go with the fat bot...its the most original of all of them.
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote