>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 04-03-2007, 06:41 AM   #61
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My ''Woody Harrelson'' piece  was featered on the front page! 
Total Awards: 2
This is the base head that i made tonight, i have just placed things in at the moment. If you cannot tell it has gun barrels for eyes and a kind of camera/torch device for a mouth. Coming out of the side or top of the head are the ammo clips. I plan on having many ammo clips attached to his head on a type of conveyer track so that when one clip finishes it can just move another one into place. The mouth is closed at the moment this is because i want to use it in future projects, later i will open it around the mouthpiece. I will probably make the head a little bit abnormal in shape at the back to make it more interesting and to give it more space to keep it's clips. Also i will try to make it look more sinester. Please give me some imput on how you think i should make the head look (for instance where exactly should the clips be placed on the head) and whether you like my plans for it.
0202742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:31 AM   #62
ThatDon
iCreate

Send a message via AIM to ThatDon Send a message via MSN to ThatDon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Wolverine was linked from the frontpage! 
I personally love the whole bunny ears gun clip idea, I think the main thing fighting you right now if that fact that it just looks like a regular head with tubes poking out, I think you should really try to think about how things would connect to each other, like make some kind of mounting bracket for the gun clips that resemble a actual gun. You could also put some kind of shell ejection port somewhere in there that would help sell the gun barrels in the eye idea. Also maybe add some kind of silencers or other weapon barrel attachment to the barrels to help break away from the simple cylinder look and will also add to the bad ass appeal.

Great job and I hope my comments help or at least make some sense.

-Don

ps check your pm's
ThatDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #63
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My ''Woody Harrelson'' piece  was featered on the front page! 
Cheers again. I will be doing all that you mentioned. The ejection port comment is an excellent idea and i think i will place them around the temples as i cannot imagine the shells flying out of it's nostrals. Not sure how i will alter the gun barrels yet but i agree with you and i shall do something, they look like pea shooters to me.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #64
ThatDon
iCreate

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Wolverine was linked from the frontpage! 
Hey no problem man, I can't wait to see what you come up with the new implementations.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:49 AM   #65
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Here is the latest front render.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #66
merlyn

Awards Showcase
.......back
Old 05-03-2007, 06:00 AM   #67
merlyn

Awards Showcase
....and 3/4.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:00 AM   #68
ThatDon
iCreate

Awards Showcase
ohh man, I can't get over the banana clip ears!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:40 AM   #69
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Update on the head.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:42 AM   #70
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Back of head.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:43 AM   #71
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Feet.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:50 AM   #72
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Back of feet. I will explain how everything works tommorow right now i need some sleep.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #73
EvilKnight

Send a message via MSN to EvilKnight
I really like the amount of details you've put in those muscles, but arent you affraid that the juges take that as organics or flesh? Other then that, top notch... The face kinda could use more robotic features as well as the body (it looks like muscles). As for your flying thingy, that is still to early of a wip to really crits.

Its comming along awsomely, hope you'll fit those details on the normal map bros

Cheers!
Jonny
EvilKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #74
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Big Toe has said to me since the beggining that if i texture the organic shapes so they do not look like skin i will be fine, so this has never been a worry for me, I do plan to add robotic details to the face so i am glad you mentioned that, the only worry is the lack of time still available. i would like to have the high poly finished in 4 days so it will be tough, blocking out the arms now and filling all the gaps to make the figure complete is my main priority at the moment as i would hate to miss the deadline.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:41 AM   #75
ThatDon
iCreate

Awards Showcase
post the update already!