>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Realtime/Low poly art

Old 09-12-2006, 12:34 AM   #106
LostSoul

I...don't think I've ever had max continue to display them when the object is no longer selected though (which is what he said was happening). Unless, it's been animated and it has a key at that frame. But, you could be right as well.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #107
Ghost-D

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #12 
Total Awards: 1
Hi guys, here is my fatman model. not finished yet...

Last edited by Ghost-D; 09-12-2006 at 04:54 PM..
Ghost-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #108
Ghost-D

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #12 
another model I´m workin on is a muscleman and a warrior.

Muscleman

Warrior - original concept from Neverwinter Nights 2

needs to be textured and normal mapped, but I hope you´ll like it, guys.
Ghost-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 03:11 AM   #109
Kalango
Freelacer berseker >_>

Finaly! free from high-school!!!! i just hope university can accept my grades...otherwise...
So...long time no updates...here's the grave keeper from Nightmare in The dark again...now reformuled....and texture soon!

Hope you like it...
Comments ant critiques please!
c ya.
Old 13-12-2006, 05:43 AM   #110
Animaleante
Brazilian Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to Animaleante
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Po Kalango..o modelo ta tesaum..mas so pra saber..vc faz todos os polys em tris msm recortando..ou ligo akele opção de aparecer tudo em tris?

english:
Wow Kalango...the model is awesome...but just to know...u cuted all the polys to be tris...or u turned on that option to appear only tris in the viewport?
Photoshop CS3
Animaleante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 05:44 AM   #111
Animaleante
Brazilian Dreamer

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
oh yeah....que faculdade que vc fez o vestiba ai?....eu so de curitiba e cursei Unicenp aki...e passei...uhuuuu

don't know the translation of the previous sentence in english...
Photoshop CS3
Old 13-12-2006, 07:37 AM   #112
Kalango
Freelacer berseker >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaleante
oh yeah....que faculdade que vc fez o vestiba ai?....eu so de curitiba e cursei Unicenp aki...e passei...uhuuuu

don't know the translation of the previous sentence in english...
For those who didnt understand a word....
Oh yeah...what college you did the tests for?...i've done in Curitiba and i'm aproved!..wuhuuu

MWUAHAHAHA!

[falar em ingles pra não atrabaplhar ninguém]
Man i did not undestood your last post but...i've done tests for the UFC and UECE here in ceará, its too hard T.T i dont know if i will be aproved...but i hope so....done for computer science... yo i wanted to do in Curitiba but...i hand't the money to stay there...they say there's awesome and have great colleges....

So the model was done with editable poly and ....i think its pretty much it....
soon i will paint the texture...
acho que o ultimo post....eu fiz em poly mesmo e converti pra mesh, pq o gmax só conta poligonos, não conta triangulos....gmax sux mas serve....vou usar o art weaver pra texturizar...
Old 13-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #113
Animaleante
Brazilian Dreamer

Awards Showcase
Kalango:
In the last post I meant that..I don't what max version u are using..but mine has an option that allows to show the quads in the model...as tris....like...u model a quad...turn the option on..and it show 2 tris....something like that...but that's not important...lol

I've heard that UFC is great...best of luck on that one...uu..computer science is really hard..not to pass but to study..I got something a little light....(Desenho Industrial - Projeto de produto) Design on products, like cars and such....quite nice

what's the advantage is using Gmax?...I never understood it...and art weaver is something like zbrush?
Photoshop CS3
Old 13-12-2006, 07:46 PM   #114
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Gmax is 3dsMax, but free.

if you want to see all the tri's in your model, there are two options.

1. while in edtiable poly mode, select the edge/segment, then look for the turn faces button . This will let you see the tris, and the direction they are flowing. You can then click on them and change the direction.

2. Change your model into an editable mesh.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #115
Kalango
Freelacer berseker >_>

Thanx for the advice big toe.
I think the only advantage using gmax is the free license....i will use it in every personal work 'till i have money to buy 3ds max.....
Animalate...good course tho, Indutry Design is very nice....i will do mechatronics in another university..heh they have a chair for this there...
btw...Art Weaver is a painting program...free license too....its almost as good as gimp or ps.....i will try it and if i like it i will use it within gmax.
Question... anyone knows where i can find the gmax SDK? i have to develop a plugin or scrip to export this to .tmd formats(playstation format)...

Last edited by Kalango; 13-12-2006 at 10:01 PM..
Kalango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2006, 03:27 AM   #116
requiem2d
Poly Hustler.

Some great WIP's Keep it up people...
requiem2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 03:16 AM   #117
Cracadoo

Send a message via ICQ to Cracadoo
Ok, here is the dragon. It still needs the wings, I'm going to work on them before adding details.

I truly hope that I'll finish this one. I'm about to try to rig this monster. Anyway, that will have to wait till model is done.
@Kalango, the gate keeper is great. Hope to see texture soon, as you have promised.
Bye.
Old 16-12-2006, 05:32 AM   #118
bb0x
Artificial Soundwave

Send a message via MSN to bb0x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalango
Question... anyone knows where i can find the gmax SDK? i have to develop a plugin or scrip to export this to .tmd formats(playstation format)...
PSP you mean? if so i thought there was a script/plugin ish thing for exporting or something i may be wrong but ill look it up for ya

edit--

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-developme...-v5-79161.html

release forum...

Last edited by bb0x; 16-12-2006 at 05:44 AM..
bb0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 06:00 AM   #119
Kalango
Freelacer berseker >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb0x
PSP you mean? if so i thought there was a script/plugin ish thing for exporting or something i may be wrong but ill look it up for ya

edit--

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-developme...-v5-79161.html

release forum...
actualy its for psx...but i will try another software such as gamespace...no problem...
Old 19-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #120
slicer

uppdate on the guy im making

slicer is offline   Reply With Quote