>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 21-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #61
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
that's looking good so far. I like the stall she has going at the top of her jump.

I finally got both characters skinned up, or at least as far as I plan on taking them. If everythign goes as planned, I should have somethign to show sooner, than later.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 08:55 AM   #62
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Good work here, Vrednia seems to get da move. Those vimeo clip are some nice start (posing).
Buzzy, Big-Toe, and other, finished the rig, I'm waiting yours.
Is it the first time you make an animation challenge on DW? and on threedy?

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #63
Vladimir Yarmolik

Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 
Total Awards: 2
Hello, guys.
I am in the process of finishing the rig and I have a general idea for this fight.
I would like to find out if I could use the animation of the camera and apply "soften edges" for the models?
Vladimir Yarmolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #64
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post
Is it the first time you make an animation challenge on DW? and on threedy?
This is the first time there was an animation challenge for the Dom War, but it's not the first animation challenge on Threedy. There use to be a speed animation challenge awhile back, but it slowly fell apart when people stopped joining in.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 21-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #65
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
I think It's was good idea from DW staff to open this category because it's some important part of the job. Personal thought.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #66
Vladimir Yarmolik

Awards Showcase
The Platinum Eye: Only 1 or 2 given out per year for posting the most incredible art ever seen! - Issue reason: DW5 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: DW5 
Shadow rig

I have just finished the rig for Shadow, I still wonder if it is OK to use "soft edge" for the model?
Attached Images

Last edited by Vladimir Yarmolik; 22-11-2010 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: Image attach
Vladimir Yarmolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #67
SektorGektor

War General

Hello, Guys, can I join this game?))) Here is my first character!
Attached Images

SektorGektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #68
SektorGektor

Vladimir, your work is really looking good! ))
Old 22-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #69
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Vladimir: going by your past work, I'm looking forward to see what you can do with 6 seconds.

SektorGektor: just by the simple pose you did, I have a feeling your 6 seconds is worth waiting for as well.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 23-11-2010, 07:15 AM   #70
Vrednia
...will never grow up!

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I got third place in the Speed Modeling Challange  
Total Awards: 1
this comp is going to be severe...beginners animators like me can learn so much from it thank you 3DT for giving me this opportunity
Old 23-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #71
Woody74
Woody74

DWV - War General vs Corrupted

So here are the guys I'll be using for this awesome competition. I decided to go with the War General and Corrupted. They are both rigged up and ready for WAR. I haven't decided yet what weapons they'll be using yet but that will be coming soon. This should be an EPIC BATTLE!!! Good luck everyone.
Attached Images

Last edited by Woody74; 23-11-2010 at 04:40 PM..
Woody74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #72
JAPO

Send a message via ICQ to JAPO
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge!  
War general vs Shadow

Greetings
Here are my minions for this competition. War general vs shadow. I have not decided on weapons they will use. But the rest is here. Both rigged and ready to spill vertices in the name of Threedy forum!
Attached Images

JAPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #73
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
JAPO: Careful with the quads in the leg of your shadow character, it looks like your calv bone has too much pull on the top of the thigh in the squatting pose. Everything else seems fine, the stretching in the war general is making me twitch my nose, but only because the wire is up, looking good, keep up the good work.

Vladimir Yarmolik: Looking good, I like the additions you've made.

SektorGektor: I like the subtle pose, nice rig, looking forward to your next rig.

Others: will comment soon!
Old 25-11-2010, 01:16 AM   #74
SektorGektor

Corrupted

here is my second character and his weapon , i decided to take corrupted class for him
Attached Images

Old 25-11-2010, 01:21 AM   #75
SektorGektor

c'mon let's rock !!