>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 17-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Exclamation DWIII - 3D - MonteCristo-3DT - Countess Van Browden (DONE)

Latest Image Update:

Dear Aunty Madrigale,

Thank you for your kind letter. My excursions into the wastes have been going as well as can be expected. And no, as yet there seems no end in sight to the recurrence of these bothersome metal beasties. You'll be pleased to know that the mirror you gave me on the day of my wedding to my poor late darling, Elouise (May she rest in peace -- until next weekend when I shall resurrect her), has proven particularly useful. I am unsure whether or not I mentioned it to you before, but I have found that it allows me to raise an endless army of my dead ancestors. A funny little trinket, really. Quite charming.

Ah, but, that brings me to the point of my writing to you, dear aunt. I hope you don't mind, but I was compelled to raise the spirit of you dear father recently, for you know he was a brute of a man, and I have found him instrumental in keeping my little legs safe from the jaws of the metal beasties.
You once said that he had a temper on him. My my, you were not wrong. Only the other day, as we went in search of new artefacts, we traversed one of the 9 wormholes, and arrived in a planet, predominantly green and with little chance of winning this war, when what should happen? We were attacked by a group of unimaginative brutes. Can you imagine? Well, one was even so rude as to point at my bosom, and then made references to dairy farming! Great Uncle Zeke was furious! Before I knew it, I was being whisked this way and that through a sea of entrails. I am certainly glad I wore one of my red gowns that day! Oh-ho!

Anyway, lovely to hear from you. Duty calls, and all that guff.

Lots of Love.
S.

PS. I also resurrected your hunting Falcon. Sorry again for shooting him down that weekend! Blush.

Latest update:
Attached Images

MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #2
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Exclamation

Ok, so here's the first incarnation of my concept, warts and all (seeing as so many people are brave enough to post their wips).

Call it a pre-emptive strike. A lot to do still, but you can see the areas that have been worked up to better quality. I'll try and get more done tonite and post an update...

Rock on!

Image removed because it looked sh*t.
Old 17-02-2008, 11:24 PM   #3
L3XICON
3d Artist

Send a message via MSN to L3XICON
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime style'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 1 st place in a speed painting challenge No.76 ''The Aliens Are Coming'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
holy cow! thats spectacular. love the horned style hair style. great design..

really gonna be an awesome model.
L3XICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #4
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
Thanks bro.

Oh, btw She isn't gonna have bare feet when I'm done. That would look really balls. As i say, this is rough right now.
Old 17-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #5
Aleks
Silky smooth

Send a message via ICQ to Aleks Send a message via MSN to Aleks
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My latest model got plugged. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 10
That's quite...original I like where this is going,though. And it's nice to see you participate this year
Keep on rocking
Old 17-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
pieisgood

Send a message via AIM to pieisgood Send a message via Yahoo to pieisgood
how am I supposed to compete on the same level as this?!
Old 17-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #7
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
I'll take that as a compliment. But here's a hint... My record for finishing is not gr8. Fight your own fight, your way. You never know what's gonna happen.
Old 17-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #8
pieisgood

Send a message via AIM to pieisgood Send a message via Yahoo to pieisgood
oh sorry, it was meant to be a compliment. Actually finish this contest... you've got the skills to win.
Old 17-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #9
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
yeah, ride em cowgirl. Is she on a harness, or is she just using the massive amount of leg muscle to keep her erect. If she squeezes too hard, the thing she is riding on may pass out.

compliments are good things, infact I may have to name my entry compliment

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #10
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
She uses summoning magic so she's riding the ghost of her dead great-uncle (A giant of a man don'tcha know? He's a legend among the Van Browden clan.) As such it stops the wee metal beasties touching her -- Not to mention she can travel fast over pretty much any kind of terrain. There's a saddle under that dress, but actually the dress part is fake, there's a harness under there with a seat built in. She can hop out and run around by herself when ever she wants to.
Old 18-02-2008, 01:35 AM   #11
Crimson King
Character Artist - Realtime Worlds

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 1st Place 
Total Awards: 1
Smile cool as

man I'm loving this concept already, this war is going to look really different, no more robots.I need to register and get started. cool work dude.
Old 18-02-2008, 01:37 AM   #12
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
Ah. So, you're here at last. 1 of the 3.

Guys and Gals, this is one of my friends from work. He's gonna be hitting the ZBrush pretty soon I imagine, so you may wanna bookmark his thread. Welcome aboard CK Good to add yet another heavyweight to the ranks.
Old 18-02-2008, 02:38 AM   #13
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
So Didn't exactly get loads done after the first post up. Too busy reading forums and chatting on MSN. Anyway Great-Dead-Uncle Van Browden got had a bit of work done on the face area. I'll try to be a bit more productive tomorrow night.

Night all.
Old 18-02-2008, 05:26 AM   #14
yoyomon
Registered Lurker

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' 
Total Awards: 1
Interesting concept. The only thing I don't like is that the whole thing is very tall and not that wide. It looks a little tipsy. Maybe make the guy a little bigger?
yoyomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 05:38 AM   #15
Robbiek1000
Glatinum

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 6
Whoa damn, very sexy....the guy under her i mean! Good luck dude, I think you may need all 7000 tris for that.

"Wait, your in Canada?"

www.robbiek1000.com
Robbiek1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
countess, dom war 3, dominance war, dominance war 3