>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 30-05-2008, 05:28 AM   #196
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
My first sculpt EVER in any sculpting program!!

So this is mine about 1 h into the work, gonna work more on it during the holiday.

Pls give comments

Last edited by hulahuga; 30-05-2008 at 05:38 AM..
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 07:28 AM   #197
vongn
rolling stone

hulahuga - awesome that your starting to sculpt. push around with the move brush a bit more and get your forms solid, like around the mouth area.

“There is no use trying, said Alice; one can't believe impossible things. I dare say you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
vongn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 07:38 AM   #198
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
vongn - Thanks dude. On this sculpt i've only used soft brush A and B.
Will try that, the mouth has been a tough nut.
Old 30-05-2008, 07:45 AM   #199
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
hulahuga, Im not sure anymore if Mudbox has an inflate brush, but if it does, use that alot when defining forms, its way easier to make masses like lips with it, Cheers.

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 07:48 AM   #200
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Sathe - Donnu, can look later, haven't seen it though^^. Maybe Pinch around the edges and then soft to bevel it out?

I've checked your desolator and I can just say WOW!
It kinda reminds me of duke nukeem

Last edited by hulahuga; 30-05-2008 at 08:08 AM..
Old 30-05-2008, 07:53 AM   #201
Sathe
Hardstyle

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Ok, here is 3 hours into my second Entry.
This guy is from the same universe or army as the old one as i wanted the sculpting capture to show the same techniques i used as on the first.

Will have the 3rd part of the capture session up in an hour.
Attached Images

Threedy 4 life
Old 30-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #202
kazmamurat

sathe and JHarford; you are crazy men, superb works!
kazmamurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #203
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
hulahuga: Don't forget to subdivide your mesh, as you sculpt into finer details. For "inflate" you can use the Bulge brush.

Sathe: I would love to see how you sculpt armor. Forget meshsmoothing in 3dsmax, sculpting is the way to go for armor, after what I've seen from you in these entries. Hope that shows up in your vids.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #204
Sathe
Hardstyle

Awards Showcase
Thanks kazmamurat.

Freespace, check the "Members sculpting videos" section. I have the first two parts up now. 3rd is uploading as we speak.

Threedy 4 life
Old 30-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #205
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespace-3DT View Post
hulahuga: Don't forget to subdivide your mesh, as you sculpt into finer details. For "inflate" you can use the Bulge brush.

I've subdivided it into level 1 on that picture. Thanks dude, will try that!
Old 30-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #206
Sathe
Hardstyle

Awards Showcase
I think he means a bit further, like 3-4. its impossible to define details at subd 1

Threedy 4 life
Old 30-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #207
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathe View Post
I think he means a bit further, like 3-4. its impossible to define details at subd 1
Yeah. I had just understood how to make a subdiv i Mudbox on that picture

Did you use a custom brush or something on that armor?

Last edited by hulahuga; 30-05-2008 at 08:23 AM..
Old 30-05-2008, 08:23 AM   #208
Sathe
Hardstyle

Awards Showcase
The armor is just painted with the standard and Flatten brush, then just mask it off and ad a Stone layer.
I will have the 3Rd part up in about 20 minutes now which shows the process better. Its simple really, i can't share the alpha though because its from a bought texture collection.

Threedy 4 life
Old 30-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #209
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathe View Post
The armor is just painted with the standard and Flatten brush, then just mask it off and ad a Stone layer.
I will have the 3Rd part up in about 20 minutes now which shows the process better. Its simple really, i can't share the alpha though because its from a bought texture collection.
I'll have to see that vid cause I don't really understand how to mask stuff and how to make layers .

Pls post a link to the vid

Got it now

Last edited by hulahuga; 30-05-2008 at 08:33 AM..
Old 30-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #210
Sathe
Hardstyle

Awards Showcase
Its in the members sculpting section like i was just saying to freespace :P

http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=59028

Threedy 4 life

Last edited by Sathe; 30-05-2008 at 08:29 AM..

Tags
challenge, sculpt, speed, supersoldier