>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Weekly Photo Modelling challenge

Old 28-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #16
NinthJake
The Ninth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool design for 3DTotal website 
Total Awards: 3
Really nice entry Ints

I am finished with the modeling now, struggling with the textures now. There seems to be a glitch with photoshop brushes which makes it paint somewhere else on the canvas than I am painting :S

Really weird.
NinthJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #17
Doyora
(✿﹏`)ノシ

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: first place in the #5 weekly photomodelling competition - british telephone box 
Total Awards: 2
I'm hoping I have the time to enter this one. Nice subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthJake View Post
There seems to be a glitch with photoshop brushes which makes it paint somewhere else on the canvas than I am painting :S

Really weird.
Try restarting your computer, I think it's a problem with wacom drivers. Used to happen to me a lot on an old computer, really annoying.
Old 28-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #18
ints
ints

Send a message via ICQ to ints
Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Really nice entry Ints

I am finished with the modeling now, struggling with the textures now. There seems to be a glitch with photoshop brushes which makes it paint somewhere else on the canvas than I am painting :S

Really weird.
Thanks, NinthJake!
There are My paintings.
I hope all be right.
Attached Images

ints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #19
Slayer89

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Awarded 2nd place in the photo-real challenge of the red phone box Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd place in Thai-Monastery Photo Challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Here's my entry for this challenge

The render

Textures
Slayer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #20
NinthJake
The Ninth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool design for 3DTotal website 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyora View Post
I'm hoping I have the time to enter this one. Nice subject.

Try restarting your computer, I think it's a problem with wacom drivers. Used to happen to me a lot on an old computer, really annoying.
I have a Trust though

I emailed Adobe about it and they said to update my (graphic) drivers, seems to work fine now.

I might still drop out of this week's challenge though. Too many texturing problems, my hand painted texture looks nothing like the reference (not to mention that it looks like something a dog puked up), my normals got screwed up and I don't seem to be able to bake something that looks even decent and I originally planned to texture it with Blender's texture paint function but I just realized that I have no idea how to do that in 2.5 and there are no tutorials about it anywhere

So yeah, everything that could possibly go wrong has gone wrong
Old 30-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #21
Doyora
(✿﹏`)ノシ

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: first place in the #5 weekly photomodelling competition - british telephone box 
Total Awards: 2
Quote:
I have a Trust though

I emailed Adobe about it and they said to update my (graphic) drivers, seems to work fine now.

I might still drop out of this week's challenge though. Too many texturing problems, my hand painted texture looks nothing like the reference (not to mention that it looks like something a dog puked up), my normals got screwed up and I don't seem to be able to bake something that looks even decent and I originally planned to texture it with Blender's texture paint function but I just realized that I have no idea how to do that in 2.5 and there are no tutorials about it anywhere

So yeah, everything that could possibly go wrong has gone wrong
Oh ok. Well I'm glad it works now, sucks you might drop out though
You should post what you made anyway, I think.

Here is my entry:

Programs used: 3Dsmax 2010, Photoshop CS4
Geometry: 1423 tris
Textures: 1024x1024 diffuse/specular/normal

Thanks a lot for those extra reference pictures bibhuti, they were p. useful.
Old 30-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #22
ints
ints

Send a message via ICQ to ints
Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Beautiful entry Doyora !
ints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #23
Slayer89

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Awarded 2nd place in the photo-real challenge of the red phone box Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd place in Thai-Monastery Photo Challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Nice job, only thing I see is the windows are alittle dark.
Slayer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #24
mvi

Despite working as a games programmer, I thought I'd give this competition a try. Had a lot of fun making this

mvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #25
NinthJake
The Ninth

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyora View Post
Oh ok. Well I'm glad it works now, sucks you might drop out though
You should post what you made anyway, I think.

Here is my entry:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Programs used: 3Dsmax 2010, Photoshop CS4
Geometry: 1423 tris
Textures: 1024x1024 diffuse/specular/normal

Thanks a lot for those extra reference pictures bibhuti, they were p. useful.
Wow, that's beautiful. Really great job Doyora

And ok, I can post my high-poly render I guess.
As you can see I wanted to model everything out and then bake the textures based on that. I wasn't smart enough to cube unwrap it like you guys did either Ah well, just forget it, I may finish it one of these days. Good luck to everyone that participated
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #26
Gadlaik
grinder

Here's mine, not sure if it's complete .
Attached Images

Gadlaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #27
jakeydoo

"Hear and you forget; see and you remember; do and you understand."
jakeydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #28
jakeydoo

Really enjoyed doing this challenge

"Hear and you forget; see and you remember; do and you understand."
jakeydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #29
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Times up people!! Very well done to all who completed. We will review the entries and post the winners later on this afternoon.

We will have another challenge very soon too, Rad is off sick so a slight delay in uploading the next batch into the library but it has some good sets in it and we will announce another challenge as soon as we can!

Thanks

Tom
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #30
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Wow, having trouble choosing the winners this time! I have asked BigToe to step in and help as he is our resident expert on such matters Hopefully he will post later.

Tom
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote