>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Coming of the Ice - Feb 2010 > 'The Coming of the Ice' - Digital Painting

Old 07-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
CLP

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Fan Art Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge the Lost Jungle Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
CLP - Abominable Snow...babies?

Hi guys.

Not sure about the composition of this one, probably not enough focus on the snowman and the babies, il be adding more babies about the place anyway lol
Attached Images

CLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
Resenhista

Send a message via MSN to Resenhista
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 3
Wow this is promising! How furry and cute things turns into that freakin beast? hehe
Liked the colors and the scene itself, I'd love to see some real scary expressions on the guys on your progress! That should be fun =D

Great start, I'll be watching it for more!

http://resenhista.deviantart.com
Resenhista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
This is ace, maybe loose the guy on the left
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
CLP

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Fan Art Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge the Lost Jungle Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! 
RAAR. thats what my abominable dude would say.

@Resenhista: thanks for the comment, i'd noticed that you've shown a calmer side of parenthood in yours... ;p

@Tarik2d: yeh i was thinking about but i've left him in for the time being as i've just added a baby chasing him lol

anyways more to come when i can
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #5
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
It looks better now, this is so cool, you using photoshop? This is really good
Old 07-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #6
CLP

Awards Showcase
cheers Tarik2d, indeed i am using photoshop. wish i had som skills on painter but havent used that much.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
well, ur work is great on photoshop, good drawing skill
Old 07-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #8
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
nice start and progress! the head is really coOL!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:29 AM   #9
Seale

Looking really nice. The lighting is great!
Seale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #10
Omega Cell
IT PACKS A WALLOP

Totally awesome stuff here. Can't wait to see what you do with it! The snowman himself is my favorite design I've seen on here yet. : ) The baby chasing the guy is pretty priceless.
Omega Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #11
CLP

Awards Showcase
Smile

Thanks for the comment guys, just started to paint in the babies a bit... lol the two around his legs need more work but they might end up being a little lit from the middle human's torchlight so il wait til i done him a bit first.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #12
Resenhista

Send a message via MSN to Resenhista
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Cell View Post
Totally awesome stuff here. Can't wait to see what you do with it! The snowman himself is my favorite design I've seen on here yet. : ) The baby chasing the guy is pretty priceless.
I second that =D

CLP: you've managed to mix terror and humor awesomely! Mine's more like a Natgeo picture haha. I really wanna see how you'll do the running guys...great progress dude!

http://resenhista.deviantart.com
Resenhista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #13
Aramor

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
That snowman is really awesome. I especially like the head, it's like a furry skull. Filled with awesome.

Also, can I adopt the snowbaby on the right? He looks cute.

So, following that rational, I'll leave this empty.

Wait...
Aramor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #14
Linc
Toast is Yes

Send a message via MSN to Linc
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
Total Awards: 1
hah, this is all kinds of awesome; nice work man.

Main dude reminds me of Iron Maiden's Eddie (link for those that don't know), wouldn't be surprised if he's in your ref folder.
Linc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #15
TNTxGRAVE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
LMAO this is just genius.
TNTxGRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote