>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Game Art

Old 03-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #16
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Very nice so far.....looking good, nice moustache and goatee
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:14 AM   #17
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Send a message via AIM to VersionThirst
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: First place in the thai monastery photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Tomb' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Bench' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''goofy gun'' Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Won third place for the low-poly undead rockstar comp 
Total Awards: 8
Thanks for all the comments.

Quick update. Done with most of the modeling, still need to put in some tris for hair. I think I'm ditching the rope idea in the concept.

I still might add some height to make him a little more slender.

Currently at 7,806 tris.
Attached Images

VersionThirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #18
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Really nice accessories, love the satchel and the gun, the outfit it part explorer part circus ringmaster
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #19
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
yep nice progress, keep it up.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #20
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
mesh is looking clean

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #21
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: First place in the thai monastery photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Tomb' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Won 2nd in the 'Bench' Low Poly weekly photo modeling challenge. Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge ''goofy gun'' Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Won third place for the low-poly undead rockstar comp 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymunky View Post
Really nice accessories, love the satchel and the gun, the outfit it part explorer part circus ringmaster
Thanks, looking like a ringmaster is something I also noticed when I started modeling. Not intentional, but I think it's kinda neat.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #22
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Awards Showcase
Started refreshing myself on the Zbrush/Max normal map exporting workflow.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #23
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Awards Showcase
Still playing with zbrush to refresh myself on the workflow.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #24
Likwidmotive
Eater Of Babies

That's exactly what I thought it would look like... dude this model is gonna be sick!
---------------------------------------------

http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=75121
Likwidmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #25
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
are you going to make the eyes a separate object? because I think the face would really benefit from it.

SKETCHES & WIPs
Old 06-04-2010, 10:24 PM   #26
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the comments,

xxxcubanxxx - Thanks for the advice, I didn't plan to at first, thought it would save on tris, but I think you're definitely right. I'll pop his eyes out into separate objects.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #27
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Awards Showcase
Started Zbrushing everything, one piece at a time. Have the head, facial hair, hat, and eyes done.

I'm going to start on the clothes next. I always have trouble sculpting folds in clothes and fabric, does anyone know of any good tutorials or resources for that?
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #28
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Awards Showcase
Also, if anyone has any solution to Max exporting objs, and then Zbrush deciding to change my edgeflow, that would be awesome. I'm exporting from Max 9 to Zbrush 3.

I've tried exporting as Polygon & Quads, with the same results. Triangles works... but I hate dealing with tons of tris...

Any help would be awesome
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #29
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
so what are you trying to do? exporting the low poly from zbrush to max after you do all the sculpting? if so you gotta save a morph target of the low poly once you bring it in from max and then sculpt, then after you're done and ready to export back into max go to the lowest sub level and hit the switch morph target in order to go back to the original mesh. Don't know if this is the issue, but hope that helps.

SKETCHES & WIPs
Old 07-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #30
VersionThirst
Falling with Style

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the help, but apparently Zbrush has nothing to do with it.

I did some more testing. The object on the left if my original mesh, the object on the right is the mesh after I export as obj, then import back into max. My meshflow is all messed up.

Anyway to keep my mesh from tweaking out when I export as obj?

-Just found one solution, it's to fix the edgeflow on the new obj that messed up, then export that object. Seemed to work as a workaround for now, but if anyone knows why it does this, I'm all ears.
Attached Images

Last edited by VersionThirst; 07-04-2010 at 10:19 PM..