>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 14-03-2007, 09:51 PM   #31
gridlinked
Unknown Robot

Send a message via MSN to gridlinked
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
Great stuff Artling! I prefer the darker version, i think it suits the composition better. Although some of the darker details get a hard to see or a bit lost, overall the character pops out more, while in the lighter version you can see his silhouette better, but the bright sky distracts a lot from the bot.
Old 15-03-2007, 06:35 PM   #32
merlyn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My ''Woody Harrelson'' piece  was featered on the front page! 
Total Awards: 2
Have to agree with gridlinked.
0202742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #33
Kalango
Freelacer berseker >_>

Looking reeealy great man, chosse the dark one!
Old 15-03-2007, 11:21 PM   #34
Rip_shot
Lighting Artist

only thing I dont like is the fact he has no feet, so soft soil or a sewer drain and his foot gets stuck and down he goes, I think that part needs work, other then that, amazing!
Rip_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #35
Artling

Klash120 - here are my textures
Artling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #36
miezis
i love sci-fi

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
thanks for sharing, it's interesting to look at them this way. the dirt/rust kinda looks like s**t marks to me , but dont mind me it's cool anyway.
miezis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #37
EvilKnight

Send a message via MSN to EvilKnight
Haha, I love this charcter, but I have to agree with miezis on the rust looking like s**t stain!

Cheers!
Jonny
EvilKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 11:38 PM   #38
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
what texture size did you go with? Looks a bit off at the moment.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 12:17 AM   #39
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
looks like two 1024's for the character and four 512's for the gun. Plenty of room for extras.

I think for the rust, there should be a but more damaged marks and such to accompany the rust stains so that it doesn't look like it was just smeared on. Also color verriations on the rusts and the edges of the rust will help sell it better.

Looks good man.
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 12:22 AM   #40
Dave_UK

Very nice, like the details.
Old 17-03-2007, 12:43 AM   #41
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by redonix76
looks like two 1024's for the character and four 512's for the gun. Plenty of room for extras.
to me, it looks like (1) 256 by 512 for the gun, and I have no idea what the character map is. I say that because it looks way too long. if the character map was squared, it would be a square map. But it looks a bit stretched.

I understand there is two seperate textures, I'm just talking about the charaters texture map. Not the gun.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 01:04 AM   #42
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
I think it does look off, but I was curious so I copy and pasted it into photoshop...the character texture is 360x360 from the post, so it's actauly a perfect square, so I'm guessing it's probably 1024.
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 04:23 AM   #43
Ghost-D

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge #12 
The colors remind me combine soldiers from HalfLife 2. Nice work.

"Inter arma silent musae"
Ghost-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #44
ez5k

Send a message via ICQ to ez5k
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: 4th Dominance War II Champion 
may be choose something average between light and dark, for more detach character from background?..
ez5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 11:41 PM   #45
Klash120
{Senior N00b}

Send a message via AIM to Klash120 Send a message via MSN to Klash120 Send a message via Yahoo to Klash120
Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Awesome texture work! Normals look amazing as well :P
Klash120 is offline   Reply With Quote