>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 22-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #226
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellipe Lopes View Post
Chao5 - Very interesting your scene buddy!!! I like!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babis1 View Post
CHAO5: I see your video in youtube :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWpJBm6HPrU
....very nice..!
realy thx guys!! I be encouraged!
Old 22-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #227
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
looks great chao5. the base really helps set the mood.

slashmore : looking great seems like he is going to be in a in-flight attack mode pose.

three-fingered : thats a very unique dragon you got there. cant wait to see where you take this.

great job everyone else as well.
ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #228
Threefingered

Thanks Ryvick, I can't wait either...just barely under 4 hours now...again, I keep catching myself staring at it instead of just chiseling away at it...

Slash, Looking great. It's a bummer you had to start over though...but at the same time, you probably did it faster the second time right? I thought I would start over just to get another style out and then decide between the two...but I don't know, that leaves the door open for not finishing the start I have...

Chao5, I love your sculpt...It has a great style and fresh direction to it.
Threefingered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #229
rainhunter

Hellos, I'm new. Heres my dragon, its a old timer. 1.5 hours
Attached Images

rainhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #230
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
hi

awesome new sculpts everyone

threefingered way to go man.

here mine at 1 hr 5 mins.

c&c are welcome .

i need hlp wth growing his tail very long and increasing his wingspan.
can someone gve inputs
Attached Images

aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #231
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aby arty View Post
hi

awesome new sculpts everyone

threefingered way to go man.

here mine at 1 hr 5 mins.

c&c are welcome .

i need hlp wth growing his tail very long and increasing his wingspan.
can someone gve inputs
use the ".obj" from post #1.... you canīt use your own mesh or polysphere (rules)
Old 22-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #232
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryvick View Post
looks great chao5. the base really helps set the mood.
realy thx man
Old 22-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #233
babis1

Wink

heres my new dragon model in 3ds Max....about 7h and 20 min..
Attached Images

babis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #234
babis1

in continuity...
Attached Images

Old 22-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #235
babis1

Smile

And here is my presentation.. for my dragon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLBLr...eature=channel
Old 22-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #236
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
babis1: I'm sorry, but Speed Sculpting means you import the provided base mesh into mudbox/zbrush and sculpt. Poly modelling in 3dsmax is not sculpting. That's a good dragon, however it does not adhere to the challenge rules.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #237
maxxeh

Do people enter without reading the rules often?
maxxeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #238
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
No, not really. And if they do, all entries go by me anyway to be eligible for voting.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #239
CHAO5

Awards Showcase
he guys.... here is an new turntable round from my dragon ( with bad youtube quality )... hope u like it!
Attached Images

Last edited by CHAO5; 22-05-2009 at 09:40 PM..
CHAO5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #240
Slashmore

Chao5: Great presentation for your dragon!
Ryvick: Thanks for your support!
Threefingered: I didn't stop thinking about what does it means to start the sculpt all over. But, now that you say it, it's true, I got a lot of time remaining and yes. Thanks for your comment and I really like your dragon, It's simple, not agressive but still looking dangerous. Good Luck!

Slashmore
Slashmore is offline   Reply With Quote