>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR

Old 15-02-2009, 11:44 PM   #16
FireSunFox

Looks great, I don't think it's too much at all, maybe it will get alittle as you define it more?? Keep it up!!^^
FireSunFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #17
Josiah
Aka: Joser

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 5
I prefer the first background more.....the overall composition was more impressive...having that lone man being blow out was more epic in my opinion.

great work though

---------------------------
----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
omfg ps3 is teh w1n

Yeah. It says in the Bible to only judge an opinion by its production value.
I'm shutting it down. Like some kinda...thread stopping ninja.

-----------------------------------------
----------------------------------
---------------------------
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #18
miycko
Draw Untill It Hurts!

Location: Lusaka, Zambia. Willing to relocate to anywhere in the world.
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge 
Total Awards: 2
Cool. Way Cool. Can't wait for the next stage!!
miycko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #19
CLP

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Fan Art Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge the Lost Jungle 
Total Awards: 4
been doin coursework for deadline but then worked on this lol. feels kinda complete, any crit now would hopefully be about specific details? i put eyes on him at first but then it kinda looked weird, i dont think eyes suit the painting style. anyway crit away if u like.

dw IV coming up v soon ;]
Attached Images

CLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #20
FireSunFox

It needs closed eyes, you know just a line or two to show eye lids. That would work and not effect the look I think you are going for. Great work!!^^
Old 19-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #21
CLP

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Fan Art Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge the Lost Jungle 
ah i did not think of that, shall try that now lol

cheers for the tip
Old 20-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #22
CLP

Awards Showcase
i was bout to paint shut eyes then realised that would probably be silly as hes walkin! lol but i popped in the original eyes i was workin on, do they work? or make him look weird?
Attached Images

Old 20-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #23
Darchand

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLP View Post
i was bout to paint shut eyes then realised that would probably be silly as hes walkin! lol but i popped in the original eyes i was workin on, do they work? or make him look weird?

I don't know if it means much but I think it looks good
Darchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #24
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I agree it would look kind of weird with his eyes shut. The eyes looks good now, he looks real angry
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 02:37 AM   #25
FireSunFox

I so worded that wrong, what I was thinking of was that he is shamefully looking down, But I'm liking the eyes better anyway. Good luck!!!
Old 25-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #26
POSEIdOON

That's really looking good
like a pro
POSEIdOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #27
CLP

Awards Showcase
Cheers for the feedback and support guys, probably wont make much advancement from this stage as i hav piles of deadlines comin up, Imagine Cup and Dominance War too so mega busy. Good luck to everyone else, any other students on here doin imagine cup btw?
Old 25-02-2009, 04:41 AM   #28
decosouza
Character modeler

Send a message via MSN to decosouza
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
Very expressive! The eyes, the soldiers behind him.. very good. Maybe be you can show some steps of the process creation.
decosouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #29
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
It's a stunning picture!
I sense that your art style is kinda similar to the one used in wow wrath of the lich king poster.
Great job!
Though I got one crit now; the left eye (from our direction) looks weird, like it's non existent

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #30
Husam

I'm loving this
He just needs a bit more detailing to make him pop out from the background.
Keep it up. Can't wait to see the final version
Husam is offline   Reply With Quote