>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Organic models/scenes'

Old 08-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
keraj37
3d lover

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 2
Eva, my try on realistic CG Girl (mr) [Nudity!]

Hi, I always wanted to make complete realistic CG girl, and it is time to make it. If anybody knows how to imporve it let me know. It is just the begining and I dont want to stop until it will look good. I use 3ds max and mental ray, so if U know any good tips about skin shaders in mr please let me know, becouse I canot find anything in internet now:/

I didnt work on eyes yet so thay look like thay look

here are 3 test renders in attachment.

cheers!
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
qwed88

Send a message via AIM to qwed88 Send a message via MSN to qwed88 Send a message via Yahoo to qwed88
That's pretty good. It looks like you've some textures stretching around the nose and cheeks. Do you have wires?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
keraj37
3d lover

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
thanks, always uv maping issues I will post wire soon.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Here is a breakdown by Mike Nash. He's got some of the best CG skin I've ever seen, just take a look.

... But it's only 3DSmax, which I don't have, so if you'd be so kind, would it be possible to get some screenshots and descriptions of the setup? I know he uses a map to control both the scatter color and depth, something I've tried incorporating myself, but I'd like to see it in practice.

Last edited by Crispy4004; 08-09-2010 at 06:43 PM..
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:54 AM   #5
keraj37
3d lover

Awards Showcase
Wow, man many thanks, I think you deserve "help" award I will take a look at this and explain evything. Cheers bro!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
keraj37
3d lover

Awards Showcase
here is update of the face. I dowloaded this scene provided by Mike but it seems I need newer version of 3ds max it desont work on my 3ds.

But this update is made with fast skin+ shader.
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #7
keraj37
3d lover

Awards Showcase
next two renders
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
qwed88

Send a message via AIM to qwed88 Send a message via MSN to qwed88 Send a message via Yahoo to qwed88
It almost looks as if her sternum and rib cage area needs to be pulled back slightly? Very good work so far.

As far as the skin shader, it needs a bit of specular variation?
Old 10-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #9
keraj37
3d lover

Awards Showcase
Thanks, I need to find out what is "sternum" and "rib cage", but I think I know what you are talking about.

I am using both: refection map and specular, spec is lower since I am using also hdri for lighting.

Fast skin+ has really nice reflection control center, very good shader.

cheers
Old 11-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #10
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Darn, anyone with a newer version of Max mind taking a look at the scene and posting pictures of the setup (you need this SSS+ shader installed).

Looking like a good start keraj37 but also get some good refs for the shoulder region, there's some strange things going on there.

Last edited by Crispy4004; 11-09-2010 at 12:09 AM..
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #11
keraj37
3d lover

Awards Showcase
Thanks, here is new render with changed model - I will not work on eyes:/

BTW, I would love to see those setings to, if anybody has 3ds max higher than 2009 pls help us
Attached Images

Old 17-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #12
hakeem

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: For getting a top bar plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Last pic reminds me a lil' of the chick in Matrix. I think Trinity was her name.

This would maybe help. Don't know for sure though ... Link

Portfolio
hakeem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
girl, mental, realistic