>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge

Old 24-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
ebitz

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus 
Total Awards: 1
Ebitz-Circus-Miss Nightmare

Been looking around for an interesting contest and this is it. I thought I would approach this from a goth cirque du soleil perspective. I find the costumes and make-up visually wonderful. Havn't really modeled a woman before so this would be a nice challenge in that regard as well.

Spent some time in Zbrush to get my anatomy and proportions pretty close. Not perfect I'm sure. I exported a character strip from zbrush and now concepting in Photoshop.

Looking forward to the rest of everyones work. Good luck.
Attached Images

ebitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
koldo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Strong expression.
Great work!Congratulations!

Old 26-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #3
ebitz

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus 
Miss Nightmare WIP

Just an update in my program of choice right now, Blender. Boots and Umbrella created here. Hair done in Zbrush. Onto her wings.
Attached Images

Old 27-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #4
ebitz

Awards Showcase
Miss Nightmare WIP

Just added some folds and wrinkles into her boots, created her wings, made some adjustments to the proportions of her face for a more natural and intense look. Image from Zbrush.

BTW: Thanks for the comment koldo.
Attached Images

Old 30-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
Raul

Send a message via Yahoo to Raul
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 4
im digging the idea!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:07 AM   #6
ebitz

Awards Showcase
Miss Nightmare WIP

Well I got most of her retopologized and ready to reimport back into zbrush for some final detailing and uvs. Topology may change here and there, I see some areas for improvement, but will change definitely for the final game model such as reducing the polycount in the head and hair mostly. Anyway topolgy done in Blender using it's standard snapping toolset and Bsurfaces.

Thanks for the comment Raul stay tuned.
Attached Images

Old 17-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Need a woman face, face is still too "man".

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
ebitz

Awards Showcase
Miss_Nightmare_Texture

Using blenders texturing tools to paint her. Still some tweaks here and there, but this is the direction.
Attached Images

Old 22-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
ebitz

Awards Showcase
Miss_Nightmare_LowPoly

Final low poly and changed the color direction to more of a night time color pallette. Color, Normal, and AO applied. Working on Spec now. Still using Blenders texture painting features. It still needs quite a bit of development. Wish they would concentrate on enhancing the features they already have before developing new ones. Anyway...
Attached Images

Last edited by ebitz; 22-07-2012 at 02:26 PM..
Old 23-07-2012, 03:20 AM   #10
ebitz

Awards Showcase
Miss_Nightmare_Final

Ok, used a great add-on in Blender called Rigify. Automatically sets the armature to the scene. Creates great looking weights right from the gate. Painted the spec map and applied it as well. Pretty much finished, don't think much is going to change from now on. Gotta touch up seams and tidy some things up. Thats about it.
Attached Images

Last edited by ebitz; 23-07-2012 at 03:25 AM..