>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Organic models/scenes'

Old 12-03-2004, 01:25 AM   #1
Woody

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com 
Total Awards: 4
Character: Natalie (This will be a laaaarge project)

I've started this project a week ago more or less, and I think now I have something to show you. This is a very important project for me, cause I want to do a full rigged character, with and without clothes, and I want to create the environment too, so it will take me a lot of time.

Here you have the body and the legs. I still have to work more on that part, but I think that can be showed. C&c really welcomed.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:27 AM   #2
neo_mosher_zion
Senior Member sounds old

thats looking asome, the detail is realy realy good keep it coming

however as a cirt i think the knees could use some fine tunning

DeviantArt account http://greg156.deviantart.com/

contact me threw msn > gregmosher@hotmail.com.
neo_mosher_zion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 02:48 AM   #3
Downup
3D Studio Max 7.0

Send a message via ICQ to Downup
Nice i am selfe doing a female right now (in 3d) This gives me some insperation

Some undone work
http://downup.inc.se/
Downup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:03 AM   #4
Marcia

Wow, a female with normal proportions.

This is really excellent. Looking forward to following your progress.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:15 AM   #5
Downup
3D Studio Max 7.0

ust joking
we need to do that soo we dont die.

This is COOL show me a lowpolymeshwireframed image

Some undone work
Old 13-03-2004, 01:57 PM   #6
Downup
3D Studio Max 7.0

laaaaarge project my a$$

=)

I want more pictures

Some undone work
Old 13-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #7
mat

Send a message via Yahoo to mat
looking good, she looks great from behind, but the toes look a little weird

marcia: i agree its great to see, modelled with normal proportions and the body still looks hot, slightly ironic though that photos are airbrushed for unrealistic perfection and as 3d artist we go for imperfections for realism

this project should be a great achievement if you reach the goals you have set, we'll be here helping you man

mat
mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2004, 11:51 PM   #8
Mr.T
lost souvlaki..

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 1
Quote:
Originally posted by mat
looking good, she looks great from behind..
hem.. what do you mean mat? (just kidding..)

Woody: awesome! i really like proportions, you'r coming to a real impressive character!
Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2004, 02:22 AM   #9
MonteCristo
Can't stay away.

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Sticking with us through the years and being generally cool! (and not to forget, being a super human moderator too!) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII artwork featured on the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DWIII final renders featured on the frontpage The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For the Countess. The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For successfully repping Threedy on the Mini Challenge #2. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: To try and temp you to come back again! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: cute but viscious The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 14
Great stuff, Woody, and welcome to a world of pain and tweaking. Prepare to become obsessed!

Anyway, I really want to wait untill we see some arms and a head etc. For now, I think the only thing to pay attention to is the ankle joint, something doesn't look quite right there. Keep it coming, as mat said: " we'll be here helping you man."
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2004, 04:06 AM   #10
Woody

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com 
Thanks for the comments to all. I don't know why, but for some reason the forums were not loading in my computer this days... Now I have no time, but later, if the site is still loading I will put some wires an a very, very small update.
Old 14-03-2004, 04:33 AM   #11
mat

Send a message via Yahoo to mat
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.T
hem.. what do you mean mat?
i see where i went wrong Mr T, the way the words came out werent the way they were meant to come out, i just meant her back view had fewer problems than the front, but thankx for pointing it out to everyone who is apart of this thread

will be more carful with my wording in future

mat
mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2004, 01:36 PM   #12
Woody

Awards Showcase
Here's the little update. I've changed a little the knees and I've done a little larger the lower part of the legs. I've been changing the topology to prepare the model for creating wrinkles in the stomach when I move her. So if now you see nothing diferent in that part I've done a good job :P.

I'm happy you find my model with "normal" proportions, cause this is exactly what I'm trying to do, a real character with imperfections.

Some of you toldme about problems in her feet, so I've done a closer render of them (a little overiluminated, sorry :P).
Old 14-03-2004, 01:36 PM   #13
Woody

Awards Showcase
Here are the feet.
Old 14-03-2004, 01:40 PM   #14
Woody

Awards Showcase
And the wires... but I will post a better ones when I finish the modeling, or when I finish the body.
Old 14-03-2004, 02:39 PM   #15
JDPCreations

Wow, it's safe to say you understand not only the human anatomy, but the true female form also.

The little details that you modeled instead of texturing impresses me, but I think the roundness of the ankles are still off and maybe the veins stick out a bit too far.

Also, this is a problem in all 3d breasts, I've circled it on the attached image. Whenever I see 3d breasts from this angle something doesn't seem right, it's like they're not resting against the body right. On yours it could just be lighting causing the issue though.

Can't wait to see updates.
JDPCreations is offline   Reply With Quote