>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 15-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #136
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
hey guys, great work from everyone - keep it up!

we're thinking up some topics for the next challenge so thought i'd throw the question out in here for any suggestions to add to our lists for future challenges! feel free to email me at lynette@3dtotal.com with suggestions, or chuck them in here and hopefully i'll spy them in-between all the fantastic sculpts

keep up the great work!
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #137
slangford
Mover of Verts

Awards Showcase
The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #9 - 2nd Place 
Total Awards: 2
Hey Lynette!
If you're looking for ideas... I always thought it would be cool if we did an artist spotlight theme. Like everyone do a sculpt based on a Brom or HR Giger piece. And we could use the 'Nightmare Statue' mesh, or even just a plane.
slangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #138
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Looking good Sandpiper. Great expression. I think the hands are definately the most challenging part of this sculpt.

About the jacket, I'd really like to hear what the mods have to say. You're not to first person to use the props in a way that needs some answers. There is one sculpt in particular that looks like it has more than the allowed # of props, 2 of which are impossible to make from a base cube or sphere.

Anyways, I don't want to see anyone get disqualified, just want some better defined prop rules for the future.
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #139
DELTATHUND3R

Sandpiper= great sculpt.Really nice idea.Ya shirt looks pretty good.tricky.
I had same trouble with hands.Your face truly looks like a pirate love his side burns.....Lol sneaking off with someones loot...
Crispy=Ive looked at all sculpts.Most are very possible..
Lynette=Mabye a Science Mishap sculpts or Hunters sculpts.
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #140
Christian M.

crispy4004:I've just went trought the whole thread just for fun and there is no trace of any ambiguous posts and no objects that coundn't have been made out of 3 cubes and 2 spheres.
Anyway,It's easy to show the subdivisions levels of the subtools to see from
which allowed mesh they come from,just ask.
Christian M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #141
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
Humpf, I don't know, actually I think he may have a point here... I too saw something that is kind of weird to be done from primitives... But I don't think it's worthy to make a big deal out of it. To me if one says it has been done only with the allowed meshes, we should just accept it and keep moving. After all we are here just to learn and have fun right?

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #142
DELTATHUND3R

maybe show with frame on or any entry that is queried get a 3DT admin too check by sending file too them for verification..
DELTATHUND3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 10:03 PM   #143
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
I think we should just trust, really... Are we going to check the time really spent on the models too? We just take people's word on that, right?

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #144
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
I'm not really trying to make a fuss out of this or point fingers at people. Just showing there needs to be a little more clarification with props rules in the future.

Last edited by Crispy4004; 15-08-2008 at 11:19 PM..
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 03:47 AM   #145
Milan

Send a message via Yahoo to Milan
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 73 ''life on a farm'' 
Total Awards: 4
pirates

little update on it need more study on anatomy 4:45
Attached Images

Old 16-08-2008, 05:18 AM   #146
axelproxie
zombie i dont sleep......

one question

hey guys there some really cool stuff here good luck to everyone

i was just wondering do we have to do 5 hrs straight or can we do this 2 hrs one day 2hrs another day an hr day after cuase i have couple of uni thing to do just wondering

thanks
axelproxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 06:31 AM   #147
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
not all of us here axelproxie have time to sit through 5 hrs. like myself @ times.
there is work,uni,family etc... so yes u can do that.
Old 16-08-2008, 06:44 AM   #148
SeveredSon

Female Space Pirate

Here's my 2nd attempt. Right now I'm at 4 hours, so I'm going to use that time to clean it up as much as I can. The only props I used were the 2 boxes for the laser guns.

Idea for the next challenge: How 'bout greek gods. We can create any greek god, but put our own twist on it. It could be sci-fi, horror, classic, etc.
Attached Images

Last edited by SeveredSon; 16-08-2008 at 07:08 AM..
SeveredSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 07:36 AM   #149
HighPolyBear

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 1
SeveredSon:
Nice style, like a cyberpunk pirate. May be just add some details on fist weapons to make an accent, if u have a time.

Sandpiper:
Good work, i like a face and a pose, the model realy breathing.

Last edited by HighPolyBear; 16-08-2008 at 07:38 AM..
HighPolyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #150
axelproxie
zombie i dont sleep......

Talking im done the full 5hrs

hey guys this was a nice topic to do had fun doing it im sure everyone did as well anyway here is my girl pirate i tried to make it a space pirate but she turned out to be a sexy pirate hehehe

i have 2 cubes left over but no time left to use oh well next time

-axel
Attached Images

axelproxie is offline   Reply With Quote