>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > THE Sculpting Challenge > THE Sculpting Challenge - Archives

Old 09-08-2008, 01:26 AM   #46
Sandpiper
It's for the children...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 10
slangford: you did a great job! I like how she ended up in your final model. You did some cool stuff with those prop boxes! I'd love to see you do a totally different style on the next pirate so you see which one feels right.

pedro: love it. Coooool lumps. His lovely pirate lumps.....I'm diggin his 'tude on his face too.

crispy4004: She's looking great. Maybe you could make it into a rolled up treasure map or something and then have the pose indicate that she's trying to keep it away from you...just a thought. Or you could just go for the weapon idea. That would fit her expression/pose better too.
Sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:47 AM   #47
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Well Zbrush crashed on me and I lost about 5 min of work, bummer. On the bright side I took 15 min to created the rapier. Didn't expect it to turn out so well.

Last edited by Crispy4004; 09-08-2008 at 01:51 AM..
Crispy4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #48
funkdelic
3D Dude!

Send a message via ICQ to funkdelic Send a message via MSN to funkdelic
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: the 2nd place at the 22nd LowPoly Contest  
Total Awards: 3
1hour of work so far, an undead pirate

Old 09-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #49
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
Thanks a lot guys
I appreciate!

Good to see you here Funkdelic Good luck.

And an update. It's about 4:15 hours of sculpting so far. I'm gonna clean it up and pose it for a final shot soon.
Attached Images

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #50
skulll_monster

Send a message via MSN to skulll_monster Send a message via Yahoo to skulll_monster
great works ! i like to be in...i hope i find enough time to stay in !
skulll_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:29 AM   #51
Polyboy76

Hi my name is Christoph Düll and this is my first post here at this forum!

Beautiful works here and this speed challenge thing is very cool!
I´m going for a futuristic pirate!

total worktime right now : 1 hour 20 min.

Polyboy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #52
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
3h 30 min.

Looking great everyone. Pedro Toledo, you really set the bar early. Cant wait to see it finished.

Last edited by Crispy4004; 10-08-2008 at 07:22 AM..
Old 10-08-2008, 02:16 AM   #53
DJdude
noobster

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
nice work everyone. I'm waiting for someone to do davy jones.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:20 AM   #54
Christian M.

TITLE:

Lewis's Cook serving Zheng Yi's lead captain to his crew

2hr45 min so far:
half while watching "Broken Flowers" with Billf***ing Murray.
(so everything is pretty off right now,exept for the mood which is always my priority)

I'll keep tickling this mofo for 2 more hours tomorow or the day after,
until proper insanity is achieved...

Have niice dreams!
Attached Images

Last edited by Christian M.; 10-08-2008 at 06:42 AM..
Christian M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:41 AM   #55
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Gonna have to disagree with that thought DJdude. Davy Jones has been sculpted way too many times.

If someone really wants to sculpt him, by all means go for it. Just be aware that people might be a little sick of seeing the subject. In my opinion, better to go with something a bit more origional.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:21 AM   #56
Pedro Toledo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng  #007: 'Pirates - Past, Present & Future Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 5
@Crispy - Thanks man, you are making a very nice piece yourself too Keep it up!

And the final model. Time is over... I may keep working on it later, out of the challenge, maybe adding the legs
Attached Images

Manufato
Pedro Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #57
Lynette-3dt
3DTotal Content Manager

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For helping out with the Dom War and the Avatar competition. 
Total Awards: 3
Wowwwwwwwwweeee, very cool Pedro!

Welcome to the sculpting challenges Polybo76 - hope to see you in many more!

Keep up the great work everyone!
Lynette-3dt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #58
Intervain

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Goblin mechanic made it to the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 1
this one's really awesome Pedro
Old 10-08-2008, 11:49 AM   #59
Stylus

Some incredible sculpts so far, keep up the good work everyone.

Crispy, is that Scarlett Johansson?
Stylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #60
Crispy4004

Awards Showcase
Pedro Toledo - This is definitely going to be a top contender. Amazing work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylus View Post
Crispy, is that Scarlett Johansson?
Funny you should say that, I was thinking the same thing the other day. I didn't look at any refs for the face, just the clothing. She just so happens to look kinda like her. Completely unintentional.

Thinking about looking at some pictures of Scarlett when I make another pass on the face, but I'm not going to push for a good likeness. Takes too much time I don't have.

Last edited by Crispy4004; 10-08-2008 at 03:46 PM..